Caballo followup - stone maps?

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That helps me that map from 1974. to everyone that i e mailed the typed story try to figure year its written . there are lots of names and places, should be able to dig something up there has to be a court document has too. everything in here reflects the newspaper and time so im lost i just copy what i got and if anyone wants post it go ahead there is no copy write on this i have

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use it under pait so i am able to zoom in i just sent one clipping of the the when he lost his legs from the train. Thank for posting

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell me this is true i have a full copy of 100 tons of gold i just notice this i was told that the book was banned in the usa say im lucky.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Author is David Leon Chandler
Title is 100 Tons of Gold
Book is written in English

It can be got. Check bookfinder.com
About $25 to$30

Try finding a copy of Tagerts book phantom of the Caballos.

Author is Viola M Payne
Title is Phantom of the Caballo Mountains
Book is written in English

LOL book finder list one at $100 +

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peopel make me laugh iseen used tonight as well 32 dollars used so it cant be banned

Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right....the book "100 Tons of gold " by David Leon Chandler is a rare book...well not so rare really, but very hard to get your hands on for sure!
It says something in it that NO OTHER book about Doc Noss' gold bars ever mentions.....and that's why it is so rare! You must read it very CAREFULLY....and of course it would'nt hurt if you already knew the story in every known form to man and have read every book ever printed on the subject...so you could compare all the facts and stories and then after totally educating yourself on every single tiny detail....about everything there is to know about Doc Noss and Victorio Peak and all the surrounding area of the Jornada including the
Caballo Mountains.....then you will know what was MISSING in all the other versions of the story...which
is INCLUDED in "100 Tons of gold " !!! That is all I can say, except that you are not likely to find a copy of the book cause I've been buying them all up and DISPOSING of them. ;D

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL well someone sent me the copy from albaqureque and it has markings and parts that says lies. so someone from new mexico read this and went through it with a highliter and now i got this copy, i did notice some highlited locations places you didnt say. hosetly i was told to shut up about this, and i got lucky from who ever sent this to me. i think from proabition of gold had people rehideing their finds. like doc finding douight gold. my father law told me to stop shareing and go there to look so im up in air now

Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...this place is quite dangerous. You find a lot of posts here about people running around all over the mountains looking for treasure...and there are....but never go alone. always go armed. You would not believe me if I told you! If you are from Michigan and you have never been out in the Jornada...you better
get some help...you will definitely need it. I'm not offering... just advice. Take care. ;D

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the guy who sent this will go with me. as for a pistol i never owned a gun....... now for you tresure detectives i have a question? 1 i think if this tale is true people been hunting wrong, (to many tales)
2. if this is true where would a person do with found gold it was illeagle til 1975. 3. doc noss was smart.

In all of this so far everyone here has been close. but i have found something here from a article call journey with no return the thing is it makes no sense who researched this has markings on place that dont make sense. and the kid who lost his legs. well the last name is right but not the first . as soon as i can find someone here to trust im going to lay down every card i have and show them what i think. im going to head down there soon..

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Planet1mars
Them hills and story's have been going since 1929. One thing for folks to remember it was a time were folks were smuggling gold from Mexico to get more money from the US government for it.

As for the stories they can get way out of hand. I know one guy whose collection of documents and stories would take a 18 wheeler to move it.

The biggest problem with this one is folks do believe it is there and it is theirs to find. As for it not being found, it such that claims per year average about 10 to 20 bars found.

As for folks going at it wrong. A few digs I have seen are such that the muck is just moved from one location to the other.
I have sen a great many different EM devices, meatal detectors, ground penetrating radar, as well as way to many dowsers and dowsing type (long range locator's) used.

Do you think if some one found it they would tell?

So far the info you have given is already out there if folks know who and were to ask. As for trouble, well I only had on problem with folks on the mountain (over 23 years), were in a bar, in some ones house, a coffee shop, chat board etc is were problems with folks happen.

A lot of belief, not fact is involved with this stuff. Going against folks belief, even in a talk can get feathers ruffling. LOL

As for Willie and Buster, look for the stories of the Reynolds kid that is one of the folks they Suposedly killed to get the information were the gold was.

I will give you all this:

Why did Willie chose the Holden ranch to work from? Why not Las Palomas or Caballo townsite? He had money and folks would have gladly let him stay for it almost any were in the valley. He chose that place with intent.
Did he use a compass or a sextant? Note: this was not with Willie when he was Kidnapped the night he went to Hatch so in the morning he could take the bar to the bank!

Why does a story of an individual in the east part of the state after 1929 with an instrument (damaged) and map show up? ahh that Mexican gal stole it from some one!

I wont even begin to get into the Noss stories. LOL

You say you are not in the greatest of health. Get a video camera, a still camera preferably digital and a gps unit so if you can not get to were you want, who ever you send in can get you the info of the area you want.

I have done such for two different folks that could not get up that mountain. It does work.

If folks are giving you problems here due to the info you are posting, I hate to say this. Stop.

For some reason folks think all this stuff is super secret when it is not. It is such that you could write a book with what you have. You would make a lot more money and have less problems getting it. LOL

OP
OP
goldseeker7

goldseeker7

Jan 21, 2008
LostCauses is exactly right. Thats why I AM writing a book, lack only a few chapters. But until it's published, I can add supporting info. You can never hear too much, you never know when something little might make a big deal....
I know those Caballo well too. Walked em many a day. Spent many, many nights up in there. Me and my Dad. Been on top, been in the bottoms. Most of the time I just shake my head at the stupidity I see happened.. or maybe carelessness is a better word choice. If they didn't understand it they blew it up with dynamite. maybe it's different up there now... lol
That stuff was there in 1929. Still? Who knows. The main thing probably isn't, but alot of lessor places probably are. The last guy there in the 30's blew over the entrance & blew up the markers. Why? To hide an empty Cave? To hide stuff still inside? To hide bad deeds...??
Noss had some... but he had it after Doughit & Ward did. I don't really know if Noss found it on Vicky Peak or put it there from somewhere else. You can get into those arguments LC was talking about on that one. I personally don't care about Noss's deal or Vicky. But those two boys had it, and probably lost it to crooks. Ever wonder who the crooks were? They lived thereabouts too. Local citizens they probably were. Doughit thought he recognized one as a local peace officer.
There were 2 openings to the main cave (big & natural) in the Caballo's back in 1660. There was also at least one small unconnected cave used to store Silver, Lead, and other stuff. The Priest shot the main one in with black powder and rigged it with death traps in about 1668. He concealed the other smaller entrance by building an adobe like wall across it and then shot rocks over it. He made maps from every direction on the compass, and erected certain like monuments, and inscribed rocks with cryptic messages.(It's a belly crawl size down for 30-40 feet) His name was Not Larue. Larue was much later like 1790's. Larue was a scholar and very educated, he had studied astronomy, was a seaman and was a master in topography, map making, mining. He honored the 1st Priest's legacy and kept the Mines in his namesake. (I found his name sake in the Caballo's) It's his information Larue came over from Europe to search for a hundred years later. (Look up Jesuits on the web and see how they differed from Franciscans back then)
Anyway I believe Doughit and Ward probably got into the 2nd entrance, and all their trouble began.....
G7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread