Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does anyone know where I could buy or what parts I need and where to find them to make an extension cable for my gray ghost headphones with CTX connectors for Minelab Excalibur II? I sent mine in to have some mods done - inline coil quick connectors, sent gray ghost headphones in to add CTX connector onto the cable and when I got it back, the headphone cable is way too short. I would rather buy a cable extension with the waterproof CTX connectors instead of making them. I don’t trust my soldering ability.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might contact Tony Eisenhower. He builds headphones for most detectors.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I seen the picture of your Excalibur, looks real good the work you had done. Are you sure the cable is short on the GG, looked like a stock cable, normal length which will stretch out to 4 feet or more. They sell the cable on Amazon with one M-12 fitting installed, than you would have to put another on the other end. Total cost would be close to 30 dollars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Thank you so much for your help.
Yea, this Excal with the quick connects so I can change out the coils is great. I was doing a little testing with the Superfly coil on the excal last night. It could pick out the gold under a nail and I can hear the difference inbetween the can slaw and gold. It will be interesting in rough sea water with mineralized sand. Do you know if there is something like a waterproof cover to add an extra layer of protection to fit over the quick connector on the coil cable? I have been searching for a solution to that but I am not seeing anything that would work. I do keep getting side tracked and start looking at vlogging rigs and under water lights with infrared so my gopro will be able to view sharks swimming around me. Thank god for shark banz.

Reactions: OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, just get some Rescue Tape or a self amalgamating tape, I use it on my Fisher AQ's M-8 fittings for my battery. It is a little tuff removing but It does keep the water out., 100%. I'll post you a picture this weekend. The fittings they used should be fairly good at keeping all dry when submerged, but the extra will insure total dry. Which is important for those fittings since they are not SS and have a habit of locking up from the salt when not kept clean.

shark banz...I'm hoping they work. I've used one for a few years now..no bites yet. I had it around my wrist than last year did the ankle. Not much hunting this year, hit a bump but for sure will be wearing it next summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread