Calabash Test Debunked!

Detectingguru

Apr 18, 2022

Detectingguru, I suggest you read our rules before posting again, we do not allow members to insult each other.​

One of our rules:

"Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name-calling, denigration, and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!

Understood 😉

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, please post by our rules,

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, Just post cool videos. You don’t need to bring up another treasure hunters name. You are losing face
Dude! I lost face in 1983, when I came out as a lesbian in a ruggedly handsome man's body. The entire argument is moot at any rate. Folks like to compare and contrast, argue and debate. It is quite simply human nature. :occasion14:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing bunked was whoever did the video above.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the same coil size.....not the same target and not the same distance between the target and nail (nail on the left)

NOTHING similar between the two videos.....Deus 2 not tested in this video.....nothing debunked.

Honda Civic vs a Corvette......anyone and everyone knows which machine has more performance......enough with the videos.....buy what you want and go detecting.
The part about this I like best is " BUY WHAT YOU WANT AND GO DETECTING"! Nuff said!

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I understand you really have to make the deus 2 better...and I actually believe u are genuine...but the tests you do aren't really accurate at all ..the legend will keep up with deus 2 in most cases...it's better made than the nox and performs better to...more stable in iron and much deeper .....if the nox was built on the noktas shaft you'd of all been tugging off
Join just to troll? Looks like Calabash living in ur head, rent free.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Join just to troll? Looks like Calabash living in ur head, rent free.
End the troll comments, please post by our rules.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I miss the good old days where one can mount a micro toggle switch hidden from view to cut off the speaker, and trash talk a detector.

Now with these sealed waterproof, and slim housings it's a whole new ballgame.

yammy

May 19, 2019
West Sussex, UK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Golden Mask One 15 kHz, Whites DFX300mm, Quest Q40, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No History in the USA?

10 Oldest Cities in the United States
  • of 10. St. Augustine, Florida (1565) ...
  • of 10. Jamestown, Virginia (1607) ...
  • of 10. Santa Fe, New Mexico (1607) ...
  • of 10. Hampton, Virginia (1610) ...
  • of 10. Kecoughtan, Virginia (1610) ...
  • of 10. Newport News, Virginia (1613) ...
  • of 10. Albany, New York (1614) ...
  • of 10. Jersey City, New Jersey (1617)
Yep, nothing to see here. Only scrap :laughing7:

The USA has an amazing history! Not quite as old as mainland Europe and the UK for sure but more than enough to keep most detectorists happy.

As for the Legend and Deus II? Use what suits you. It doesn't matter what anyone else uses. It doesn't affect your detecting at all.

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to take Youtube videos with a grain of salt. After watching videos of detector depth comparisons and spectacular finds, it seems that many of the videos of relic/coin finds are staged. For the detector comparisons these are controlled tests for a particular situation, but that same machine may perform differently at another location (terrain type, conditions, user experience, target, etc).

Most old time detectorists know their machines well so these videos are more for entertainment or for newbies. Personally, I rather spend more time detecting than watching videos. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Detectingguru

Apr 18, 2022
No History in the USA?

10 Oldest Cities in the United States
  • of 10. St. Augustine, Florida (1565) ...
  • of 10. Jamestown, Virginia (1607) ...
  • of 10. Santa Fe, New Mexico (1607) ...
  • of 10. Hampton, Virginia (1610) ...
  • of 10. Kecoughtan, Virginia (1610) ...
  • of 10. Newport News, Virginia (1613) ...
  • of 10. Albany, New York (1614) ...
  • of 10. Jersey City, New Jersey (1617)
Yep, nothing to see here. Only scrap :laughing7:

The USA has an amazing history! Not quite as old as mainland Europe and the UK for sure but more than enough to keep most detectorists happy.

As for the Legend and Deus II? Use what suits you. It doesn't matter what anyone else uses. It doesn't affect your detecting at all.
Exactly like I said...if there's so much history why do ppl search kerb strips etc ...it's absolutely unheard of ...if someone done that in the UK youd get locked up 😂

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R.49a4b704486de94877a9f03ca94cef87

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used
Current: Xp Deus, Equinox 600

Detectors used: Whites XLT, Fisher F75, Minelab Se Pro, Makro racer 2, T2 LTD DST,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's nothing scientific about using a detector...it's based off my own knowledge of the field and how I know other machines simply can't be used on it ...the nox for example just can't handle the amount of iron and minerals in the soil.....your point is useless and ignored
Your point only prove that your missinformation quote was BS as you detect in the UK and don't have the same soil condition's here in the US. So you lost all credibility from the US user's so your point's are useless here as well and ignored.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'Once apon a time', The Legend and Simplex went out on a date, ... after a long night of dancing and digging, they called for a taxi, ... once home, the Legend went into the water-closet and dropped a deuce, ... <<THE END>>

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The deus 2 is not that much better if it is....iv got a permission right beside a DMV (deserted medieval village)in the UK and very close to an abbey....the fields are absolutely covered in iron completely and my legend was getting just as much as my mates deus 2...targets ranging from tiny bits of lead to big lead spindel whorls...it's a very capable machine ....deus 2 has only cost more to make that's why is £1399....you basically paying for the asthetics not the performance....there really isn't that much difference in performance certainly not £730 worth ....if my legend sees targets through a medieval village it sees anything
DetectingGuru,

“My legend was getting just as much as my mates deus 2”

I see or hear that about different detectors all the time. There are a lot of factors on why you may have found the same amount. Could be you are more experienced and better understand your machine. Another big one is your actual search, the ground you covered may have had more finds under the ground. As Emil W stated, there are a lot of factors in determining why someone found the same amount or more finds than someone else and definitely isn’t always the machine. Knowing how well a Deus does in iron, I am going to go with the Deus every time over the Legend. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread