Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On another forum run by a guy named Steve I asked for a video that showed what the Deus 2 was not so good at. I got lambasted by the Deus fan boys. How dare I.
Every detector is a compromise. They may have different modes based on different criteria, but they don't run in all the modes at the same time. You will miss or gain depending on the target and mode.
When VHF machines can say an item is gold, lead or aluminium without error, we will have something. Until then new and improved is mostly marketing hype. Some testers seem motivated to pump up a model. Maybe someone gave them motivation like free machines.
I don't want to be an expert. I would rather have fun with all my machines.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price donā€™t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey John appreciate your on going educational videos concerning the notka makro legend, and the mighty xp deus 2. Legend for 650.00 bucks with a few updates will equal the equinox, listen carefully not pass it over, remember 650.00 you get all that, you stated yourself I can justifying the price with current potential, given the user. Minelab 800 for 900.00 nah, nope, it hasnā€™t earned the price tag why it doesnā€™t out perform much else, John remember,the only way you can justify price and performance is what itā€™s capable of finding, remember the legend isnā€™t finding anything epic either, so when I speak of minelab and your world beater xp deus 2 they havenā€™t tickled my fancy either, forget the cost of those units. We must understand itā€™s senseless topic your xp deus isnā€™t affordable for most, John that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s not any good, yes We would all like to have the so called greatest treasure finding machine, you donā€™t have what the military has big John, lol. Look your videos are becoming more reasonable,, has nothing to do with political correctness. Stay on course dilek emailed me I asked a question. Your observations can possibly make notka update a detailed operating mode , great. I appreciate your videos you can still be truthful but yet donā€™t be so biased as you where on earlier videos, and yes John if you sit back in your lab coat and watch yourself you where talking To the wind nobody claims legend is better than deus 2, donā€™t let it bother you, it was obvious it was getting under your skin, I almost had to call the white coats on you going wacko. Ok we need good testing ,air testing isnā€™t a true method, go find something good Iā€™m hoping you do,appreciate the time.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Exactly like I said...if there's so much history why do ppl search kerb strips etc ...it's absolutely unheard of ...if someone done that in the UK youd get locked up šŸ˜‚
Open groomed fields that are tickled yearly, deep turned every 4-5yrs. VS no till or straight hay/pasture fields.
Certain areas are so mineralized that it's a struggle to get depth from any machine.
2 different worlds the first is full of history of a few thousand years āž•ļø.
While the other struggles to match the years of the length of Roman occupation.
To knock one for having less history, yet the having harder conditions to hunt in, is that productive either?
To knock the abilities of NA folks that have history with the machines for 50-60 yrs is that productive?
I know a few that found many treasurers, gold coins totals of a dozen - nearing 2 dozen even.
I think these are impressive and accomplished users of their equipment.
When a person can walk in their footprints 10-12 hrs a day for 10-14 days in row.
That's not an easy task.
But through certain beliefs these feats are just legends and myths.
So sir, there's a few sections I welcome you to share on.
Daily finds
My best finds
Person albums
Show us unknowns the marvelous world of finds.
Let us see what abilities you have accomplished in your digging career.

We have to work at digging, you just pick the fruits that have been dropped for a few thousand years. So it should be pretty impressive display.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what I got in last visit ...you can come back with 100s of targets it's incredible...gets ploughed and refreshed every year ..I know my deus 1 inside out there really isn't anyone knows it better than me iv learned on proper ancient land for 15 years now ..not fields in US where there's no history at all ...I literally wouldn't bother over there....what u call a relic is scrap to me šŸ¤£
I originally started metal detecting because I became obsessed with gold nuggets. Coins, jewelry, and relics are only practice for me, just hours on my machines so I can better find a fat nugget in gold country. If I found a George Washington button or a pine tree cent, I would probably sell them so I could buy a pulse induction detector to find more gold nuggets. If you want to talk about ancient, a gold specimen is millions of years old.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please end it and remember this is not the politics forum.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I got in last visit ...you can come back with 100s of targets it's incredible...gets ploughed and refreshed every year ..I know my deus 1 inside out there really isn't anyone knows it better than me iv learned on proper ancient land for 15 years now ..not fields in US where there's no history at all ...I literally wouldn't bother over there....what u call a relic is scrap to me šŸ¤£
How about this one?

Reactions: ARC

Detectingguru

Apr 18, 2022
I originally started metal detecting because I became obsessed with gold nuggets. Coins, jewelry, and relics are only practice for me, just hours on my machines so I can better find a fat nugget in gold country. If I found a George Washington button or a pine tree cent, I would probably sell them so I could buy a pulse induction detector to find more gold nuggets. If you want to talk about ancient, a gold specimen is millions of years old.
I would love to go nugget hunting personally.....iv found a few gold Celtic staters aswell as gold milled coins and there isn't a better moment

Detectingguru

Apr 18, 2022
Open groomed fields that are tickled yearly, deep turned every 4-5yrs. VS no till or straight hay/pasture fields.
Certain areas are so mineralized that it's a struggle to get depth from any machine.
2 different worlds the first is full of history of a few thousand years āž•ļø.
While the other struggles to match the years of the length of Roman occupation.
To knock one for having less history, yet the having harder conditions to hunt in, is that productive either?
To knock the abilities of NA folks that have history with the machines for 50-60 yrs is that productive?
I know a few that found many treasurers, gold coins totals of a dozen - nearing 2 dozen even.
I think these are impressive and accomplished users of their equipment.
When a person can walk in their footprints 10-12 hrs a day for 10-14 days in row.
That's not an easy task.
But through certain beliefs these feats are just legends and myths.
So sir, there's a few sections I welcome you to share on.
Daily finds
My best finds
Person albums
Show us unknowns the marvelous world of finds.
Let us see what abilities you have accomplished in your digging career.

We have to work at digging, you just pick the fruits that have been dropped for a few thousand years. So it should be pretty impressive display.
Check my Instagram detectingguru

Hodr

Jun 18, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Eclipse 5.3 Coil
The legend is certainly very close to the deus 2 ,so close I'm not getting a deus 2 because it looks no better than deus 1 really ....I'm a seasoned deus user who knows a damn site more than calabash ...I search proper land in the UK ,Roman medieval you name it iv got it...the legend performs just as well as deus 2 on these conditions so that's enough said....I would never use park mode is basically for the US where nothing's deep and there's very little history ....follow me on Instagram detectingguru see for yourself

That was an uncalled for dig at the US. I have plenty of park sites with coins 12-15 inches deep. They may not be as old (oldest in this area are 1700s silver) but they are certainly deep.

Detectingguru

Apr 18, 2022
That was an uncalled for dig at the US. I have plenty of park sites with coins 12-15 inches deep. They may not be as old (oldest in this area are 1700s silver) but they are certainly deep.
1700s not bad....I like finding William 3 etc always better than nowt...I really dought u find coins 12-15" deep like that's definitely a lie... iv found stuff going back to bronze age on pasture and they were around 14" deep onevwas maybe a little deeper... 2 bronze age axeheads on separate occasions dating back to 2500BC can you imagine how that feels šŸ¤Æ

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1700s not bad....I like finding William 3 etc always better than nowt...I really dought u find coins 12-15" deep like that's definitely a lie... iv found stuff going back to bronze age on pasture and they were around 14" deep onevwas maybe a little deeper... 2 bronze age axeheads on separate occasions dating back to 2500BC can you imagine how that feels šŸ¤Æ
DO NOT CALL A MEMBER A LIAR AGAIN UNLESS YOU ARE TIRED OF POSTING HERE!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How can you even say anything unless you have dug in the soil of the country that you are referring to. It is a total assumption to do so.
I have a 1000 hrs digging in your soils, nothing special, dirt, old finds. shallow and have dug a ham at 10+ inches in the pastures.
I hab=ve dug a lot deeper targets on this side of the pond.
! Penny Cartwheel at 18 inches in the lawn at a church, Large cents at 14 inches.
So you don't have any idea on the soils over here-zero-zippo-nadda.
Unless a person digs it their shovelling it a bit.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It all depends on the soil conditions of the park. But 10-12" in some are the normal depths, it was the capabilities of the machine wouldn't surpass that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow why not it's clearly a lie anybody can see that ..what is the point in lying about how deep something is!!!!

Yes
I gave you a warning and you ignored it and repeated calling the member a liar. If you decide to return follow our rules.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread