Calgary Metal Detecting Club (Alberta, CANADA)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WEB SITE : http://www.cmdc.org/

Calgary Metal Detecting Club

c/o Morgan Foster Financial Corp.

#201-1933-10th Ave S.W.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3C 0K3

Telephone:

403-251-4480 (John)
403-283-1628 (Ken)

The CMDC is the oldest active treasure hunting club in Canada. Has been in operation since 1972. Several of the original members are still a vital part of the club. Presently, the club membership is a good mix of new and veteran treasure hunters.
Meeting Info: Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30

The club meets in the auditorium of the Brentwood Co-op ~ located just off Crowchild Trail between Charleswood Drive and Brisbois Drive N.W.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL They already announced next years Alberta Fall Extravaganza You'd think they would
post this years Finds :laughing7:

Dayzt

Greenie
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary, AB
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...just registered. I'm from Calgary - noticed posts here for the CMDC only every 3-5 yrs...is this still an active group?

Dayzt

Greenie
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary, AB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I noticed the site, but it currently has nothing scheduled or planned other than the monthly 'first Tues of the month' meeting... the Extravaganza you'd mentioned is the one that was this year and has come and gone...nothing there about next year yet... :)

Dayzt

Greenie
Nov 5, 2013
Calgary, AB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All in all - it was an excellent event - and plans for next year are already in the works. Check out www.abmdhunt.ca for more information on next year's event. Mark your calendars for September 20th, 2014!

Alberta Metal Detecting Forum: Alberta Fall Extravaganza

Ah yes - thanks for pointing that out Jeff! I was going to the Calgary Metal Detecting Club site, but it's different from the EMDC/CMDC Extravaganza site which is tricky to get to from there.. It appears to be a google hosted page, linked into the other. I may have to attend a meeting this winter and meet some new people! :)

Feb 14, 2018
Creston bc
Detector(s) used
GP Extreme minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GP Extreme minelab trouble.

Good morning everyone,
I have a GP Extreme and am not getting any sound. i was getting a loud short static sound when i plugged in the head phones but now get nothing.
i replaced the power cord with a new one and tried new head phones..no luck yet.
i am looking for someone with a gp series minelab to try their battery unit so i can tell which one i have to replace, the battery unit or the detector itself.
my battery takes a full charge to 7.5 volts.

i live in Creston bc but head over to Calgary now and then.
Thank you

Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread