Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
It did not ban them - just can't sell um
This is going to really hurt repair shops & hardware stores.
Buy now as it goes into effect Jan 2024.

It's hard for me to hold back my political opinion on this but I Will adhere
to the forum rules.

Cheers Mike

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember this come election day !

Didnt CA just have a chance to get rid of that fool???

on battery powered...dont tell him that all of the batteries are made in China! The mining of the lithium and other elements to make the batteries...etc...

I have a few Ryobi tools that use a 40V battery...they are incredible

the 18" chainsaw is an animal! (unfortunately, that is the largest bar they have so far...)

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about Lawnmowers? The repairman is not selling it he's just repairing it, and the ones who do sell and service will have to transitions into electric for new sells but would think they could still repair gas mowers.. Everyone will just have to go across state lines till they ban gas engines altogether...

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We will have to make many more changes that we will not be happy with in order to save the earth and it should have been started a long time ago. I worry more about global warming than anything else and I'm 75 years old so I won't even be here when things get horribly worse. I'm very pessimistic about the outcome and I hope I'm wrong. Ed

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully there is not a run on these and prices stay normal for you!

Have they decided on a CC or HP size limit?

From what I recall, California goes quickly from "not for sale" to 'not for sale or use"

from spark arrestors to being arrested....

From a Utopia to a Dystopia in a short amount of time.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will have to make many more changes that we will not be happy with in order to save the earth and it should have been started a long time ago. I worry more about global warming than anything else and I'm 75 years old so I won't even be here when things get horribly worse. I'm very pessimistic about the outcome and I hope I'm wrong. Ed
Problem is.... the mining, production, and recycling of those batteries is pretty bad for the environment as well. Not to mention we will need to produce much much more electricity. Then add to that the amount of metals needed for the motors and extra infrastructure to support the jump in electricity consumption. I do not see this as helping the environment, but rather spreading out the destruction to make it seem better.(think the old spread the peas out on the dinner plate to make it look like you ate some as a kid).

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new forum look/format SUCKS!!

the law mandates the arcb must create regulations and defintions by 2024. the sell of new engines is supposed to end with that. thn they will ban use. I am affected by PG&E outages. We have a Genny. use saw on the property have a quad. all will be affected. I have solar. Most people don't rthat you panels dont work when the grid id dowm If you have batteries they only charge with the genny if thepower is out. not the panels unless you are fully off grid. PG&E calls it an island i have to pay about $50 k to become "an island".

the claims that running a leaf blower for one hour creates as much emissions as driving a honda civiv froLos Angeles to Denfer. as long as bills are allowed to be written that include such easily refuted claiWeare all screwed.

Did I mention that the new forum look SUCKS!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread