Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new forum look/format SUCKS!!

the law mandates the arcb must create regulations and defintions by 2024. the sell of new engines is supposed to end with that. thn they will ban use. I am affected by PG&E outages. We have a Genny. use saw on the property have a quad. all will be affected. I have solar. Most people don't rthat you panels dont work when the grid id dowm If you have batteries they only charge with the genny if thepower is out. not the panels unless you are fully off grid. PG&E calls it an island i have to pay about $50 k to become "an island".

the claims that running a leaf blower for one hour creates as much emissions as driving a honda civiv froLos Angeles to Denfer. as long as bills are allowed to be written that include such easily refuted claiWeare all screwed.

Did I mention that the new forum look SUCKS!!!!
Retired PG&E’r here. Do you know if this new bill/law applies to propane or natural gas generators? With the numerous planned and unplanned outages in the hills a functional generator as well as solar is a must!

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
Solar and wind are complementary to each other, power production on one is up when the other is down. If you want year round you need micro-hydro power, or both solar and wind.

I had independent "island" capable solar as a bachelor (got the surplus batteries when the university phone switch replaced them). Got married and the consumption quadrupled (number of people in the house doubled)... and the house wasn't what she wanted...

Time to stock up on diesel engines and parts, you can make your own fuel for them, for when gasoline is banned.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you imagine the power spikes in the near future when thousands have their cars all plugged in along with every other battery powered device known to man from, lawn mowers, power saws, generators, ground tampers, weed eater, blowers, drills. Sure the everyday person is mainly just charging his car but anyone in any kind of construction/lawn service will be charging his tools/batteries every night...

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Time to re-invent the steam engine...
My father was heavy into steam power during the early 60's and was a member of the Steam Car Club of America. He developed a revolutionary boiler that he gave to the public by publishing the details. Your suggestion is right on as technology has advanced dramatically since the last Century.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father was heavy into steam power during the early 60's and was a member of the Steam Car Club of America. He developed a revolutionary boiler that he gave to the public by publishing the details. Your suggestion is right on as technology has advanced dramatically since the last Century.
yea and the germans invented coal powered Kubelwagons... but, they still ended up moving most everything to the front using horses...... existence does not equate usefulness.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Steam power was very prevalent in WWII, including the German railway network. My father was a mechanical engineer specializing in steam during that era.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steam power was very prevalent in WWII, including the German railway network. My father was a mechanical engineer specializing in steam during that era.
Oh, goodness. I wasn't talking about trains for a reason. Railroads were a given. This discussion is about small personal vehicles and motors off of rail lines. The German railway system had the crap bombed out of it and was not a viable tool for them with a few exceptions post overlord.

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What will this do to all the folks that use a leaf blower for stuff like "drywashing" ?
What will this do to all the folks that use a leaf blower for stuff like "blowing leaves" ? hahah

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a black market forming for new mowers and generators.......that's what happens when you BAN something.
Gets off freeway in Oakland near Airport. Turns down crime infested street. makes eye contact with "salesman" gives the "im not the police signal" - leaves with a little bag of internal combustion. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread