California Mini, On Such A Winters Day!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It's never too gold, to go dig some gold!
🥶

My buddy and I worked that little area I found scouting the North Saskatchewan River yesterday. It was a little tricky getting there, as sun melted some of that Alberta mud on the south facing slope, and man it was slippery! I set up a rope so we could safely climb down and up from that spot. The temp. was about -6C, however, probably a bit warmer as we had zero wind in the valley. We had to break the ice to open up an area to acess and crunch some gravel. My buddy tried his MacKirk river sluice, but the current was not enough to get the riffles exchanging material. So, while I highbanked, he filled half a 5 gallon bucket of 1/8" screened material, and he ran it through after I finished 1.5 hours of digging. We ran out of gravel, so we called it a day. Any how, it was just a great day. The drop riffle design worked perfectly, got exercise, fresh air and a little bit of shiny. May get to this spot again some day, if the weather co-operates!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool, nice color John!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions