Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll get the ball rolling

I'm in the East Bay area on the Oakland/Berkeley border. I'm into all sorts of treasure hunting but most interested in relic and historical coin finds.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in beautiful downtown Banning at the edge of the desert!! lol And I am on the trail of Pegleg Smith and the Lost Ship of the Desert

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in San Jose in the Blossom Valley. I just got back into MD but am focused on beach combing and relic hunting.

Evan in CA

Dec 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in San Gabriel Valley. I like hunting for old coins relic and gold from the beaches to the mountains, sometimes on the same day!

BenjyH

Apr 21, 2010
fresno Ca
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Teknetics G2, Garrett AT Pro & carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fresno and have done a bit of it all

Alloffroad

Sep 14, 2016
Lassen county California
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, tesoro lobo vlf discriminator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
North eastern California lassen county in Susanville. Metal detecting for anything interesting, prospecting in water and desert and native indian artifacts

JeepGuy

Sep 5, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Vacaville - we've been here for about 4 months. I've spent a good amount of time in previous locations (TX/MS) hunting coins in parks with my kids (we've got a Technetics Delta). Would like to find some interesting historic sites to detect - looking for a good club around here or even just meeting up with fellow hunters. Would also like to learn about gold panning/prospecting and don't mind long hikes. Good luck with everyone's adventures!

leisenming

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a newbie to hunting and live in Fremont. Mainly want to learn.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I'm at North Orange Co/L.A border. I hunt everything from parks and beaches to the Mission Trails along El Camino Real. Gold sniping and desert hunts are always attractive to me. Lately I've been into paddle in hunts on the canoe or kayak. I find the oddest things in the weirdest places below the high water line. Surface find snorkeling will soon turn into underwater MD at the end of a hookah. Been following this treasure lust for better than half a century now.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upland. You'll find me on the other side of the hill slinging dirt in search of gold.

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Porterville Ca. I coin hunt parks, schools and abandoned homes. Every two years I spend a month cache hunting in Mexico.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the central valley mostly a coin shooter but when chances arise I nugget hunt in the hills in the riverbeds.

Mescalero1

Greenie
Jun 26, 2020
San Fernando Valley
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in beautiful downtown Banning at the edge of the desert!! lol And I am on the trail of Pegleg Smith and the Lost Ship of the Desert

I bet that ship is over in the dunes just north west of Felicity. On old maps, they showed that area as a dry lake bed. If its in Salton, they are getting ready to fill that up again because of the pollution from the lake. Good luck over there. All those folks at Slab City are probably blind to the fact that just on the other side of the lake lies the Lost Peg Leg. :laughing7:

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A true Northern Californian (Eureka, Ca). I go for all of it, so I guess I don’t discriminate. Heres a pic of last week at the beach with a 3’ cut C51593A9-3F37-4F5C-AD11-753CD699F4EA.jpeg (not sure why it’s upside down)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread