rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think the Archys would go recover the boat for the state.

OP
OP
H

Harvo

Aug 17, 2013
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Centfladigger: "now if you want to talk about the Fort Center site, well.............."

What is going on with Fort Center? I found it on Google Maps. I also see the Florida Wild Life building on the way out to the site.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if its in the fresh water or salt water ( iwithin state salt water legal limits )--the state of florida "owns" it and you need "official" permits from the florida state dept of arch to remove anything off of it --period-- they will happily have you arrested , jailed and fined and will take anything you find to boot as a bonus --so just keep chattering away on a open public forum --and they will be with you shortly (count on it) --ps they do moniter these types of websites --just letting you know what your "mouth" is getting your butt into.-- you can't say no one warned you.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
True info, but I don't see anyone incriminating themselves for breaking FL laws. On the forums I moderate I don't allow it. Not good for the site or the individual.

You can add Water Management District agencies' properties like SWFWMD to the list of no no spots as well as most County Parks in FL.
No detecting, no bottle hunting, no marble hunting. Nothing over 50 years old. Pickup is possibly a misdemeanor and digging activity can be a felony. But you can pick up a shark's tooth anywhere in FL. Durn tourists. (Yankees are like hemmorhoids, when they come down and go back up that's good, when they come down and stay down they are a pain in the adze.) Muhaha!!!!!

Flatwoods88

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True info, but I don't see anyone incriminating themselves for breaking FL laws. On the forums I moderate I don't allow it. Not good for the site or the individual.

You can add Water Management District agencies' properties like SWFWMD to the list of no no spots as well as most County Parks in FL.
No detecting, no bottle hunting, no marble hunting. Nothing over 50 years old. Pickup is possibly a misdemeanor and digging activity can be a felony. But you can pick up a shark's tooth anywhere in FL. Durn tourists. (Yankees are like hemmorhoids, when they come down and go back up that's good, when they come down and stay down they are a pain in the adze.) Muhaha!!!!!

Haha you know it's about that time, snowbirds will be here shortly especially here in strawberry town.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
nope, the real name we live in Plant city, winter strawberry capitol. tourist, migrants all converge on our town at berry time. fields right now are being covered in plastic for the beds. We have had TONS of rains to wash these fields out, but not enough time to look

Flatwoods88

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been hard to find anything around here even with the rain because after they disk these fields they roll em down flat. A few more weeks and all the fields will be bedded and covered with plastic :(

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be am down in Islamorada before to long fishing and diving some. I wonder if I can hunt sharks teeth down there anywhere? I am hardly a snow bird.8-)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be am down in Islamorada before to long fishing and diving some. I wonder if I can hunt sharks teeth down there anywhere? I am hardly a snow bird.8-)

No real concentration of teeth in the Keys. You need to dive off of Venice Beach (southwest Florida) for the teeth. PM me if you make it that way and I'll give you some specific sites to look at.

Charms and Necklaces.jpg

My wife turns 'em into jewelry.

Flatwoods88

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You wanna find shark teeth stop at any railroad track in central fl on your way to the keys seriously. The phosphate cars spill phosphate loaded with fossils all over the railways, I use to wander the tracks when I was a kid filling my pockets with shark teeth.

OP
OP
H

Harvo

Aug 17, 2013
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Venice beach use to be the place to go. You will have better luck if you scuba dive. Otherwise you will just find small teeth if any. Last year we would come back with at least 100. Now it is hard to find 20. You will also have better luck down by Caspersen Beach, by the rocks breakers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread