Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped down by Navajo Reservoir this week. Guess I pretended to be fishing in the Piedra River. Same luck in the reservoir, and didn't even bother with the San Juan River. Still a great time. Not many people our age camp this way anymore. They got RV's. If Maria wasn't along, I wouldn't have that tent up, I would just sleep outdoors. If you go down here, absolutely no campfires, charcoal or wood, allowed, so bring propane if you want to cook.
6-2eee.jpg

Attachments

• 6-3hhh.jpg
    6-3hhh.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 6-3iii.jpg
    6-3iii.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 6-2fff.jpg
    6-2fff.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 6-3ggg.jpg
    6-3ggg.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 28

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped down by Navajo Reservoir this week. Guess I pretended to be fishing in the Piedra River. Same luck in the reservoir, and didn't even bother with the San Juan River. Still a great time. Not many people our age camp this way anymore. They got RV's. If Maria wasn't along, I wouldn't have that tent up, I would just sleep outdoors. If you go down here, absolutely no campfires, charcoal or wood, allowed, so bring propane if you want to cook.
View attachment 2030645
Very pretty RGINN!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been down there when Navajo was that low before, Cyzak. I could walk almost straight across to the east bank of the Piedra from our camp. Years past, quicker to drive around the lake to get there. Rivers and creeks all looked good, but the lake is low and man it is dry down there. Tomorrow I'm headin out to Utah to meet up with my son who's comin down from Wyoming. I must get there first and pick the site. If he does, he will pick the most desolate, windiest, rockiest, driest, shadeless, snake, scorpion and centipede infested as close as you can get to hell on earth spot you could find, and tell me, 'I got us the perfect spot!' I guess I'm happy I taught him well about the outdoors, and he's geared up for that sort of environment. I can handle all that, but in my old age I really, really would like a shade tree or two on the campsite. At least a tall bush.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say hey to Pasquinel, and McKeag for me.:headbang:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many times, in many places, I would not be surprised to see them coming down the river, Treasure Hunter. While I am sitting beside Clay Basket.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many times, in many places, I would not be surprised to see them coming down the river, Treasure Hunter. While I am sitting beside Clay Basket.
Ahhh Clay Basket... :love4:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2030645
Very nice Thank You
Love that tent
View attachment 2030645

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions