CAN A NOKTA ANFIBIO HIT A 14 INCH SILVER DIME???

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I have to get an Anfibio if I'm gonna hunt in your testbed! Just let me know when I can come over. :) Will you use it over a Nox?

The test bed tells me whether its going to the field with me or not....It does have a bigger coil selection and the true test for me will be to see how it does in the thick iron...As for the Nox question I will get back to you after I get some hours in on the Anfibio.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can keeo your pintos And appl
this to yourself first hand knowledge you never had one.... Lol

Yep I never bought a Pinto and I never bought the Max.
Really for the same reason.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person you saw using it lol if it popped ha had no idea how to use it Yet you critsize a machins you never owned really...I wish I was your car salesman lol do you hear yourself yes you have a right to post but who are you helping. Thanks..

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person you saw using it lol if it popped ha had no idea how to use it Yet you critsize a machins you never owned really...I wish I was your car salesman lol do you hesr yourself

I don’t have to own a detector to know it sounds like rice crispies.
I don’t have to buy a box of rice crispies either to know how they sound when milk is poured over.
Just go to a friends house and watch them pour milk over and listen.

The forums are crawling with what I referring to with Max’s audio.
Look around.
Surely not all are wrong.
Remember a lot of these folks went back to Pro. So not like it was just a Garrett hit job with them.Quite the contrary.

Folk can use what they want.
Honest reporting should be ok to do though.

Last edited:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the Max when it first came out. Really wanted to like it. Made a couple videos hunting with it on YT.. Sold it within a month. One reason Crackling audio hurt my brain. I hunt woods and old fields.. IMO minor league player to the Nox and majority if new players in the 2018 game. Also had many detectors during 2017-2018. Majority of my ch videos at first were comparison videos.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The person you saw using it lol if it popped ha had no idea how to use it Yet you critsize a machins you never owned really...I wish I was your car salesman lol do you hear yourself yes you have a right to post but who are you helping. Thanks..

Honestly bud......you either got a Dud Equinox or you simply have the unit set up completely wrong for your hunting sites or conditions. The 800 VS Max should never be in the same sentence.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny! Whats really funny is they act like the AT SERIES is really hard to setup...… step 1 cut it on.....step 2 ground balance step 3 set discrim if needed step 4 adjust sens and take off. Not a whole lot to choose from on that detector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured you would like the AT MAX VERSE thread better.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respect your opinion don't agree on all points but that's what makes good discussions, I like both My machines I don't like the periscope type control box on the 800 or the top heavy tailwaggin shaft I like the depth in highly mineralized soil with the max and separation Thanks for the good opinions and the critique my friend!!!!!! Happy Holidays

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish Christmas would get here my wife is about to break the bank on the grandkids...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya have 2 girls one at Loyola Chicago one a senior in high school college fees are ridiculas and girls make up clothes Im freakin broke. hoping to dig that diamond necklace lol Have a good Holiday Calabash

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I didnt watch the videos and i dont plan to....i have seen more than enough calabash videos to last my lifetime. But when a guy starts off with saying that "the AT max doesnt perform well in iron in the All metal mode"....That statement alone tells me one of two things, either #1 Thsi guy is grasping at straws to find a way to put down this machine....or #2 This guy dont really know alot about detecting. Anyone using any machine in a Threshold based all metal mode to hunt any substantial amount of trash, iron or not, does not understand the purpose of this mode. All metal mode is designed to provide maximum depth and power out of a detector. If there is a large amount of iron trash in the area, depth is probably not your problem! I have owned an AT Gold long enough that i have hundreds of hours on it(not just a few, then post a video)....and i can tell you after doing extensive comparisons in HOT VA soil; that the AT GOLD holds its own against most any VLF machine out there at IDing good targets at depth. At the time of my testing there were no Equinox's or Anfibios, but i did test Etracs, Explorers and even a couple Noktas/Makros. The problem is when the soil is mostly red clay at a certain depth everything turns into a nail. The places i typically hunt for civil war relics are either camps or battle sites. Thick square nails are not usually a problem at these sites as they are at old home sites. Disc mode is pretty well useless at these areas because if the target is deep enough to be old its probably not gonna sound or read as a good target. This is where the AT gold really shined and became one of my favorites. You could take this detector and run it in all metal and just listen for those softer, deeper signals; then when you hit one scan across it being sure you are centered, now watch those ID numbers. If they stay at around 30-35 or higher it is worth digging....if the stay in the 30's but jump to the 60's you've probably got a deep 3-ringer that the minelabs could not even see. For "my style" of relic hunting Minelab does make a great machine; its called a GPX. Those who are most influenced by these rediculous videos are those new to the hobby. Anyone with years of experience under their belt knows that an air test is a total waste of time, as is using dug-up square nails for a test. Once a nail has been disturbed from its 100 year old resting place it will never look the same to a detector. Also, buried targets in a test garden are not the answer to a head to head comparison either. You can't make a good representation of a 150 year old target in just a few years....My point being that the only way to really compare two detectors is to carry both with you in the real world. Then you have to check every signal using both machines....not many people do this by themselves. I usually had a second person to help out while comparing two machines. But at the end of the day what is best for you might not be for me. The Equinox i beleive might just be the new king of the Beach, The Deus i still beleive is king of the iron....and for my style of relic hunting i'll keep my Tejon....and the AT gold aint bad either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here the answer to your post DIGGERINVA ....You are commenting on my video you didnt even watch. Are you familiar with the disc feature Garrett added to the ATMax all metal mode and what they say its used for?? Apparently not..

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not gonna watch it and i will tell you why......i have a deep strong belief that if at all possible it is our job as U.S. citizens to support American owned companies whenever it is possbile! And after seeing a few of your videos i have realized that you could care less about where any product is made.....That is why so much junk is being made in this country today compared to 40 years ago, to many people felt like you do for to long and have caused companies based here to make everything as cheap as possible. I have heard you mention your grandchildren; i fear for the future of all our children if things dont change in this country....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you want me to buy a less performing machine because its supposedly made in America....DONT BLAME ME PAL! Blame it on the crooked politicians that sold us out....That's about the most hypocritical junk I have heard from a person on the forums.... With that GPX in your avatar!!!! WHY DIDNT YOU BUY THE AMERICAN MADE GARRETT ATX?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beleive it or not i bought the GPX 5000 new for less than a new ATX. And sometimes i wonder if i should have got an ATX since the EMI is so bad on the GPX it is useless at most of my sites unless it is cranked way down then there are no benefits. The GPX is pretty well in a class of its own, not even comparable with the ATX or TDI. If Garrett would make that ATX 2 pounds lighter id buy one tomorrow. And im not saying what you should or shouldnt buy.....buy what you want. But you are constantly posting videos trashing every american metasl detecting brand there is and praising the imported machines....ITs like saying that Ford or chevy suck compared to Toyota. ITs an opinion, nothing more.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a little more than just an opinion when I show the foreign jobs just blistering the American made ones on performance test...A opinion would be black looks better than yellow. A fact is the Anfibio can hit a 14 inch silver dime here and the AT Max calls 10 inch silver dime IRON...

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, I see all these "buy American" people I know shopping at wal mart all the time. Kind of funny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions