CAN A NOKTA ANFIBIO HIT A 14 INCH SILVER DIME???

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had the Max when it first came out. Really wanted to like it. Made a couple videos hunting with it on YT.. Sold it within a month. One reason Crackling audio hurt my brain. I hunt woods and old fields.. IMO minor league player to the Nox and majority if new players in the 2018 game. Also had many detectors during 2017-2018. Majority of my ch videos at first were comparison videos.

Sold mine same reason made me miss my ATP.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I agree there are better detectors out than the AT series, I still would not brush them off. My AT Pro has found enough coins and relics that I could open my own museum. Everything from Roman, medieval, Napoleon, Civil War, WWI, WWII and obviously newer as well. Yes the iron audio is a huge nuisance......to me anyway. I never use that function. But I doubt I will ever get rid of my AT Pro. It was definitely an excellent purchase and adds nicely to my small arsenal of detectors.

The Anfibio does look promising to own as well. I am not brand loyal as long as the detector finds me the goods. I may have to give it a serious look.

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
...As for the Nox question I will get back to you after I get some hours in on the Anfibio.

Okay fair enough. Thanks!

For my $1000 budget it's down to the Anfibio or Nox. The ch-ch-ch-chatter of the Anfibio is kind of off putting for me at least. Still, I would live with it if it were the best at target ID, seperation, and depth. That's what finds stuff IMO. Sure would be nice (hint hint) to see a target ID / separation /depth side by side between the two.

Can you tell me one thing though? Did you test the Nox on that dime? :) Thanks again!

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every body Loves Ya!
You had me until I realized you are comparing a $600 machine to a $900 machine. It better be a lot better for the money ! Still trying to get used to my Deus, not sure I ever will. The PRO is a good beginner and I still like it. Let me borrow a dollar?

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every "test" is different.... different soil/location could mean different outcome. For example, we can go to Culpeper, VA. Just a short drive from my home and compare the anfibio, deus, etc. On that dime against a similarly price Whites TDI and they won't stand a chance. We can then go to the obx and compare...the TDI does well there but will need a bag on the box, the equinox is probably your best choice there. I also, never had luck getting great depth from etrac or explorer on planted test targets. Even after 2 years in the ground ....I could get at least 25 percent more depth on real world targets. The cz3d I owned was a DEEP machine, but plain out pathetic in a air test. These videos make people second guess their machine that they are doing fine with.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every body Loves Ya!
You had me until I realized you are comparing a $600 machine to a $900 machine. It better be a lot better for the money ! Still trying to get used to my Deus, not sure I ever will. The PRO is a good beginner and I still like it. Let me borrow a dollar?

Where can you buy a AT MAX for 600 bucks? They list for 799.00 dont they?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every "test" is different.... different soil/location could mean different outcome. For example, we can go to Culpeper, VA. Just a short drive from my home and compare the anfibio, deus, etc. On that dime against a similarly price Whites TDI and they won't stand a chance. We can then go to the obx and compare...the TDI does well there but will need a bag on the box, the equinox is probably your best choice there. I also, never had luck getting great depth from etrac or explorer on planted test targets. Even after 2 years in the ground ....I could get at least 25 percent more depth on real world targets. The cz3d I owned was a DEEP machine, but plain out pathetic in a air test. These videos make people second guess their machine that they are doing fine with.

OR!!! Makes them get out in THEIR soil and test them to see whats really up.... I like the way everyone uses Culpepper as the measuring stick.... If you are going there or live there and are thinking about buying a detector..... BUY A PI MACHINE... BTW picking some of the worst dirt in the country aint no true picture for most people either..

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It actually seems like the people that are not happy with what they find are the ones taking these vids way too personal. I'm confident in every machine I use on a regular basis. These new units are getting more and more impressive just like every other electronics piece being made. Hard to beat technology.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the equinox 800 great machine it does not hit as deep and solid as the Max

Are you drinking?

I sold AT Pro & Max the second I tried my Equinox 800.

AT Max = Prius

Minelab Equinox 800 = Mclaren F1.

Matt

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow is this the Same Staffydog that once had the Makro Racer 2 as his avatar and now shows it as a problem detector? Is this the same Staffydog that had numerous videos of the Racer 2 running quiet on English sands? Maybe you'd like to talk about your time with the AT Max?

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iv owned the whites ID5 and the AT pro the pro is way better lmao!! i do this for a hobby so i have to ask my self will i have more fun if i spend 900$ verses the 400$ i paid for the ATpro, my answer is nope lol

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it for a hobby too, but that hobby is finding stuff....running around swinging a detector in and of itself is not that fun to me... FINDING THE GOODS IS!

The Jag

Dec 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CB just wanted to say Thankyou for all your videos I appreciate ur testing and it's fun to watch how they all perform. Thanks again man Jag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread