Can Anybody ID this?

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
I previously posted this in the "What Is It" section of T-net but I think it may have some regional significance and therefore I'm hoping someone can help me with some information. When I say regional significance, I mean that someone may be familiar with the letters on the pin and offer info on what the letters stand for.

I found this pin while detecting a high school. The school goes a ways back. It was built sometime before 1950. The back of the pin is stamped with 1/10 10K so I'm assuming it's gold. The actual size comes in smaller than a dime. I'm thinking it is a tie pin for a necktie. In the same hole I found a small 2'' chain that connected it with a 43' (for the year 1943).
I'm also thinking it is from a club or society at the school. I Googled "MCGS", "MeGS" but couldn't find anything. I also entertained the thought that the GS maybe stands for grade school.

Attachments

• MCGS Pin.jpg
    MCGS Pin.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 377
  • MCGS Pin.jpg
    MCGS Pin.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 358

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
m cathloic girls school --or m catholic grade school

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Tesoro Conqistador umax, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to take so long to look at your post but it gets pretty boring looking here at the NH section and never seeing a post for months. :'( OK back to your post. :icon_scratch: I found this on a quick research and maybe you can research it a bit more. :sign13: This might be what your looking for - MARQUETTE COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY of Michigan. Good luck with your research and hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread