Can anyone ID these arrowheads and let me know if they're genuine or knapped?

Apr 1, 2020
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're from Northern California I assume because that's where the people I got them from went gold prospecting. They claimed they were genuine, and I did see some age on some of them, but I couldn't be sure. And if they are real, can anyone identify what type of arrowheads they are and maybe date range. That would ver helpful. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3858.jpeg
    IMG_3858.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3859.jpeg
    IMG_3859.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3860.jpeg
    IMG_3860.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3861.jpeg
    IMG_3861.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 3

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Not from California from what I see maybe NC but let’s see what others say. The lighting isn’t very good I can’t tell if they are real

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I doubt they're from California. That much material and not a piece of obsidian nor basalt in the lot?

OP
OP
Just a metal detectorist
Apr 1, 2020
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt they're from California. That much material and not a piece of obsidian nor basalt in the lot?
I mean I just picked out as many as I could see in a couple minutes because they were in a big box

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree with the others about not being from California. They look authentic to me. 1st picture top row far right looks to be a converted drill (once a blade but reworked into a drill). Also looks like some dart points, blades and scrapers in the mix.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Most look like they could be authentic. Several appear to be “under worked” or unfinished. The drills look good. I only see one larger piece that might be just a rock; IMO.
I know people still make stone points today. Is that what you meant by knapped?

OP
OP
Just a metal detectorist
Apr 1, 2020
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most look like they could be authentic. Several appear to be “under worked” or unfinished. The drills look good. I only see one larger piece that might be just a rock; IMO.
I know people still make stone points today. Is that what you meant by knapped?
yep

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the group as a whole tells the story, I don’t see any dove tails or exceptional specimens, stuff that is high dollar. It wouldn’t be very profitable to make fakes like yours. Not saying they aren’t cool by any means but just trying to think like someone trying to make a buck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread