Can just anybody use an LRL?

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the hobby but open minded to the idea of LRL use. Growing up if you wanted a well drilled there was a guy everyone called The Witcher. He would come out and douse for a water source and he was over 95% accurate. But he told me in a conversation one time not everyone can do it. It was something either you could or couldn't do. You could get better at it but not learn it if you didn't have "the gift". Are LRL detectors the same way?

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was under the assumption that everybody considered LRLs a scam. Lol. Every video advertising them is always somebody finding some obviously planted treasures. I have no idea because I have never used them, but I wouldn't waste your money.

And if not everybody could use them, that seems to add even more to a possible scam such as "Oh, sorry you spent $3k and the LRL doesn't work for you....it's definitely not the locator itself that has the problem, the problem is that not everybody has the special powers to make them work."

With that being said, touching on dowsing...I know that the "magik" of dowsing is super old and supposedly even used by the Spanish to locate precious deposits, and people that have come afterwards have used dowsing to find previously hidden treasures. Honestly, it's a science that a lot of people don't agree on because there's not really much evidence outside of "tall-tales" of treasure finds and gold mining, but without showing the proof.

The same can be said for water, but I think more people agree that dowsing for water is legit in comparison to minerals and treasure.

It's not that I don't think some hold special powers and others will never hold that power...I think it's more along the lines of not trained and educated to know how the fringe science "magik" works and therefore dont know the techniques necessary.

Those are just my opinions and $.02.

OP
OP
gillious

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was under the assumption that everybody considered LRLs a scam. Lol. Every video advertising them is always somebody finding some obviously planted treasures. I have no idea because I have never used them, but I wouldn't waste your money.

And if not everybody could use them, that seems to add even more to a possible scam such as "Oh, sorry you spent $3k and the LRL doesn't work for you....it's definitely not the locator itself that has the problem, the problem is that not everybody has the special powers to make them work."

With that being said, touching on dowsing...I know that the "magik" of dowsing is super old and supposedly even used by the Spanish to locate precious deposits, and people that have come afterwards have used dowsing to find previously hidden treasures. Honestly, it's a science that a lot of people don't agree on because there's not really much evidence outside of "tall-tales" of treasure finds and gold mining, but without showing the proof.

The same can be said for water, but I think more people agree that dowsing for water is legit in comparison to minerals and treasure.

It's not that I don't think some hold special powers and others will never hold that power...I think it's more along the lines of not trained and educated to know how the fringe science "magik" works and therefore dont know the techniques necessary.

Those are just my opinions and $.02.
Well I'm thinking since none of the LRL people have replied they must just not work. The old timer I talked to didn't really see it as magic it was more of an inate skill more akin to say sports ... sure anybody can play basketball but not just anybody can make it ro the NBA kind of thing.

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
I have been a dowser for years Long range dowsing is very Possible I do not use LRLman product But he knows his stuff the smartest man on the internet when it comes to Dowsing As far as I know If I was Looking for a long range Locator I would buy his product . You may be wondering why I have not Bought it its because I built my own and learned to use it very effectively watching his videos. I do believe he will deliver better accuracy than I can with mine . But I have other devices to zero in and locate exactly the target .. I Also use TFR 100 and have found Gold from 600 yards away and discovered a ancient Burial ground from over a half Mile away in South America .
using it but that device takes practice .. Sometimes The TFR100 is actually to sensitive on sunny days its will detect a gold bearing creek from a half mile away. So if your looking at a spot like that its hard to keep from continually locking on the creek unless you get real Close to another target

Shortrib

Greenie
Aug 28, 2022
Well I'm thinking since none of the LRL people have replied they must just not work. The old timer I talked to didn't really see it as magic it was more of an inate skill more akin to say sports ... sure anybody can play basketball but not just anybody can make it ro the NBA kind of thing.

Shortrib

Greenie
Aug 28, 2022
Well they work if u use them and learn them. There wouldn't be a lot of people finding items if they did not work. I use to sell them as been detecting 52 yrs and use lol rods some times and yes I have found items and money with them,you just got to use them and get efficient enough to be good at using them, imho. Bob shortrib.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread