Can lucky number "7" be used in dowsing and in metal detecting for better performanc?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I claim to be a dowser, but I’m not like anyone else, it’s not the energy for my body if the energy for my instrument, I can read for 100 miles if it’s a large target and I have a lot of targets identified and GPS you ready for recovery I need financial and legal help to move forward
Really ? And if I financially invest, I can share in the millions of dollars in gold bars, right ? Wonderful ! Tell me where to send my cash to. Or if it makes it any easier, tell me where I can give you my credit card and bank routing info ! Woohoo ! I can't wait !

Especially since your confidence in the #7 makes this a an added sure-fire bet. Woohoo ! :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really ? And if I financially invest, I can share in the millions of dollars in gold bars, right ? Wonderful ! Tell me where to send my cash to. Or if it makes it any easier, tell me where I can give you my credit card and bank routing info ! Woohoo ! I can't wait !

Especially since your confidence in the #7 makes this a an added sure-fire bet. Woohoo ! :headbang:
Tom do not mock Douser or any member, only warning I will give.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom do not mock Douser or any member, only warning I will give.

Uh, ok. Then question for you : Do you lend any credibility for soliciting funds for ventures like the one he's stated here ?

I think that you too would likewise discourage anyone from sending $$ to this. And I suspect that you too do not put any stock into "awaiting treasures" via his story-line here. Right ?

But sure : I could have been a little more subtle in expressing my (our) doubts.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, ok. Then question for you : Do you lend any credibility for soliciting funds for ventures like the one he's stated here ?

I think that you too would likewise discourage anyone from sending $$ to this. And I suspect that you too do not put any stock into "awaiting treasures" via his story-line here. Right ?

But sure : I could have been a little more subtle in expressing my (our) doubts.
He did not ask members for financial help, he said he needs "financial and legal help to move forward".

I repeat do not mock any members here, if there is a rule issue report it to a mod.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're relying on science , then you're correct with the "no".

But Lesjcbs has gone on record as attributing the power of dowsing to supernatural forces (Ie.: mystical, or of a religious nature, spooks, or whatever). So in THAT case, we can't say "no". Because it's beyond the ability of science to measure.

So the question dabbles in what is the power in the first place ? Rods move on their own via a scientific (albeit uknown) reason ? Or via a mystical supernatural method ? If it's the latter, then ... I'd still say "no". But ... that's the denominational persuasion, and view of Biblical things, that I hold.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Lesjcbs, re.: Your footer:

Einstein's view on this : Are you aware that Gerhard Fisher actually showed Einstein his early experiments with metal detectors (in the 1930s, I think, at the time of his patent). Since both of them were German scientists, they knew each other, and crossed paths.

And it's on the record that when Einstein saw Fisher's detector demonstrated, he stated the following : "It will never have commercial application or a useful market".

So doesn't this tell you that even smart guys like Einstein are capable of mistaken notions ?

Same for the Spanish (and anyone, in antiquity, for that matter) : The fact that they held notions, and practiced any particular thing, does NOT necessarily mean: "Therefore it worked". For example: There are cultures that threw virgins into volcanoes to control the weather. And they probably felt that "it worked". I hope you can see, by that example, that sincerely held beliefs in antiquity do not serve to validate them. People used to believe all sorts of things that we've now "gotten past" (eg.: belief in flat earth, etc....).

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The placebo effect is real and works both ways. If you think something helps or hinders your locating, then it will...to an extent. Unfortunately it's not that easy to just wish for gold and expect to find it. But it's plenty easy to imagine some obstacle and have it be detrimental to your locating.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The placebo effect is real and works both ways. If you think something helps or hinders your locating, then it will.

And if we agree and acknowledge that it's a "placebo", then this is tacitly acknowledging that the rods are doing nothing.

But I don't think that this is an admission/concession that the adherents would make. They would say that there IS some sort of "attraction". Whether it be via un-explained science, or via paranormal means. And that is NOT a mere trick-of-the-mind placebo.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if we agree and acknowledge that it's a "placebo", then this is tacitly acknowledging that the rods are doing nothing.

But I don't think that this is an admission/concession that the adherents would make. They would say that there IS some sort of "attraction". Whether it be via un-explained science, or via paranormal means. And that is NOT a mere trick-of-the-mind placebo.
Totally disagree with your faulty logic, AKA Inductive reasoning. Look it up. Also see what I said about wishing for gold does not work too well.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Totally disagree with your faulty logic, AKA Inductive reasoning. Look it up. Also see what I said about wishing for gold does not work too well.
Huh ? Ok, I've looked up "Inductive reasoning". And if you chalk any asserted/proposed dowsing success to EITHER that, OR placebo effect, then either way : This does not bode well for the dowser's side of the discussion.

Because wouldn't "Inductive reasoning" simply only be tacitly acknowledging that it is nothing more than subtle terrain clues and intuition ? If so, then just like "placebo effect", it is simply acknowledging that rods do nothing. Ie.: a person can simply stand there (with hands empty) look at the terrain, and tell you "There's the most likely spot a goodie might lurk" or the "most likely spot that water might be " (wherever leaves fall). And so forth.

So I do not see how "Inductive reasoning" does anything other than bolster the skeptic's viewpoint. (But thank you for doing that :dontknow: )

Care to elaborate ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions