Can not get the micro usb connector to plug into my vanquish.

OP
OP
Merf

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your time, and make sure the cable end is orientated correctly. The connection is right on the motherboard so it's more delicate...
I took a picture of the socket and it looks a little odd. What do you think? If you zoom in it looks like the terminals are deformed.
60C5FE75-F70F-4304-BE1D-070CD35EC458.jpeg

OP
OP
Merf

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly does!
I think Minelab has a quality control problem. This, broken mounts on coils, my first 540 would not detect silver, had to return it. What do other members think? Are these being made in China now?

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Minelab has a quality control problem. This, broken mounts on coils, my first 540 would not detect silver, had to return it. What do other members think? Are these being made in China now?
Hate to see this. I have two 540's with no real issues in two years of use.

I would first try to return it to where you bought it in exchange for another. It should be covered under the warranty. If they won't take it back, contact Minelab to try an get an RA for repair. They have a repair center in PA. That looks like an easy fix, maybe they can just swap the board out.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Merf

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A better photo of the terminals inside the connector. I sent pics to Minelab service.

Attachments

• 3BEF3985-B3DD-4C7C-A545-4F65AA562102.jpeg
    3BEF3985-B3DD-4C7C-A545-4F65AA562102.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
OP
OP
Merf

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A better photo of the terminals inside the connector. I sent pics to Minelab service.
Problem solved. Minelab service sent me authorization # for a return. i decided to try a couple of different mini connector cables before sending it back and actually got one to plug in and did the update. What a relief.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read that the plastic on the connector, if too thick, will not allow the connector to plug into the machine because there is not enough clearance. It looks like that is what happened. I'm glad you are back at it. It is a fun detector.

OP
OP
Merf

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read that the plastic on the connector, if too thick, will not allow the connector to plug into the machine because there is not enough clearance. It looks like that is what happened. I'm glad you are back at it. It is a fun detector.. glad I got it to work
Right on picket wire

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Having the same problem . I guess you have to make sure the cable you have is a Data cable ,,, I did find the right cable and Bingo it worked detector is up to date

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread