Can we have a MILITARY FORUM here on T-Net?

Is there support out there for such a forum?

• Sir! No Sir!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe - let me explain...

• Montana Jim is smoking crack! This is stupid!

• Total voters

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I was thinking that with all the future, current, and retired military members and the myriad of federal employees here on T-Net we could get support for a MILITARY FORUM?

It can be for the brotherhood of worldwide military members: Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Air Force, Army, Merchant Marine, civilian federal employees, Reserve and Guard components and the wonderful folks who support them (us).

Basic topics could be GI issues, war stories, sharing photos, veteran's questions or current military news, videos, careers, education, employment after the military, heritage, resume' help, new gadgets, and hot military (government employee) issues... not limited to detecting or treasure hunting. Also to share links or help research for someone in need of information. It might also be a friendly place to talk "military issues" without the anti establishment folks getting their tighty-whities in a bunch.

In general this forum would NOT have to necessarily be about detecting or treasure hunting, and NOT be a "politics" site as those venues are already available.

A light hearted place for heros to hang out... Maybe it can be called the FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT FORUM. :tard: LOL

Share your thoughts Pro and Con...

edited by admin: Yes! here's the new forum!

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Interesting idea, I like it :thumbsup:

HH,
Donny (ET2 Abend U.S. NAVY)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i say good idea
but i wanted to be the only one to vote for"Montana Jim is smoking crack! This is stupid!" :tongue3:

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
EDDE said:
i say good idea
but i wanted to be the only one to vote for"Montana Jim is smoking crack! This is stupid!" :tongue3:

Looks like someone joined you! :D It may have been my crack dealer... :tard:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I think it is a grand idea! Maybe I can get my marine son to stop in there and say hi even! :icon_thumleft:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Montana Jim said:
3 people think I'm on crack? LMAO

Of course no one specified that this topic is why they think you are on crack! rofl It wasn't me!! Really!!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great idea Jim.. Suprised no one thought of it sooner. The Military has my full support. Thank you for your service.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Montana Jim,

1. Yes, its a good idea.

2. I got the bag of crack in the mail today, thanks but you were 2 grams light again...

3. Get your scales certified.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I think your idea has merit but you have to realize there are people who do NOT like the military or anyone in it.

Just like the Rubber Room I think your Military forum would get out of hand and Marc would have to remove it as well. So MJ you would have to be the mod for that forum topic! :thumbsup:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
mastereagle22 said:
I think your idea has merit but you have to realize there are people who do NOT like the military or anyone in it.

As far as I'm concerned,those people can suck wind.If not for the military,they would not be able to express those twisted views,in fact,if not for the military and history of our military,those people probably wouldn't even be here.Sorry,but I can't stand people who are so self-centered and ignorant of history.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Easy WSD, I was just pointing out the fact that I have, on occasion, seen people on other forums bash the military. You will never hear me say antyhing bad about our men and women who serve.

Others are not so nice. Sad but true and even more sad but true, the freedom granted by our constitution to allow those people to say what they want, ie the First ammendment, is maintained by the same people they bad mouth and run down...

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I've been censored,but I'll try and post.I wasn't in anyway talking about you or any individual specifically in which I thought the generic use of my banned word would not violate 'terms of use'

BTW,how was the vacation?Are you back?Hope you had a great time and got some relaxation in.Now let BB out of that bottle you must have put him in.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
That's ok I didn't think you were schoolin me! :wink: I totally agree that we have become a whimpy society. We cannot say anything politically incorrect because to do so would be offensive to someone.

Oh boo hoo!

Vacation was ok, needed more of it. BB and I went hunting last night and when I can I think I will post tonight about it. Found enough stuff in one hunt to make up for about three others by BB and my standards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread