Can you have 2 loves??

Tbone1

Jul 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provocative yes?
No that much really.
This is just about 2 very different detectors.
My Whites V3i and my Equinox 800.
Been ignoring the V3i for a few years other than keeping the battery charged.
Took it up to a park Ive been hunting with the Nox this morning.
Was surprised I still remembered how to use it!
Only hunted for about 30 minutes but pulled out 3 clad dimes and a couple pennies.
This is turf I?d been hunting with the 800.
Not making any judgement other than on my own abilities to understand what they?re telling me.
Kind of like all of my relationships.
Love the 800
Love the V3i
I?m packing both of them with me from now on!
Peace!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, having a side chick can get dicey real quick! Though if both are in the know and on board with it, i say go for it!

On a more serious note, if you love 'em both (the whites and the minelab), no harm in using them both!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter where I'm going or what I'm taking, my old DFX will be in the truck!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why limit yourself to two?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,d think it,s different with detectors,but my old Daddy said trying to love two women is like a ball and chain!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Strangely, I posted this on a different discussion site just yesterday. The V3i came right back to me in setup changes on the fly.

"Picking Up An Old Detector Fun
I own 7 good detectors but haven't been in the field with but just a few in years. I decided to take my V3i out yesterday to troll along the jog trail, instead of the Equinox, because the coil on the V3i detects better in a continuous walking pace, than the DD on the Nox does. Well I got to my location and immediately realized I didn't have the V's headphones. I was going back to the car to head home and not do any hunting, when I decided to try the old V3i in lakeside area which has a lot of people at times. It's trash city, pull tabs all over the place.

Strangely, I quickly hit a 75 Vdi and it rang a bell, it was a dirty dime, basically on the surface but out of view. Ok, luck. Then in a few minutes I hit a few signals, first were square tabs, but then a solid 22 Vdi came through and like the old days, there was a nickel. I killed about an hour, having simple fun and realized, you really never forget your first machines.

Good, simple exercise away from the boob tube and a nice reunion with the V3i. I've used the Equinox there after getting it, and I am bound to take it there and try the 10x5 coil to see if it snap up simple clad as easily. Point is that a machine which hasn't been outside, away from my home property for several years, still kept memory cells in my head.

Just because you don't think you have a chance to find a silver or any piece of jewelry, clad can be fun."

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
You can have as many as you want but my wife says I can only have one. She doesn't know but I have two, a Whites Mxt Pro and a beautiful red headed wife of 46 years!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread