Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spectacular finds! I wish I had a cane field up here to hunt. That seated half would be a dream come true. Keep up the good work Bandit! Gary

seated halves are never ever expected in this hobby. I’ve dug just a few of them over the years, but each one was cause for a happy dance! Dug my first, an 1853 with rays, back in 1993 in a logging camp in Virginia. Since then I dug one in Kentucky and three down here in Louisiana. Now I’m after that unicorn of coins—the gold one!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! I particularly like that gold nugget. I found one once in Panama at an old Gold Rush camp.

Wow!! Would LOVE to see a photo of the one you dug. There were a lot of great finds this year but my nugget is my favorite—because of how far it had to travel to get here!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see there was something good to come out of 2020. You are very fortunate to have that history there and the health & means to go after it, congrats to you all on an awesome year of recoveries.

thank you my friend, so far so good on the health. I’ve always said you can be smart in this hobby, or lucky, or just plain old persistent. Many times it’s the persistence that’s paid, and I know that one day I won’t have the health to be so persistent. Until then I’ll keep at it as best I can.

wishing you well in 2021

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fantastic bunch of finds - congrats !

A lot of people don't realize how much work it is to clean and organize that many coins, relics and then set them up for photo's - looks great - well done !

haha that’s part of the reason it takes me so long to get the year end post done. I always dig with a frenzy until the very last day of Dec each year that I can go, trying to squeeze a few more relics and coins out of the ground to add to the totals. then it takes weeks to get it all cleaned, ID’ed, de-rusted, and displayed for photography.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for this post BuckleBoy. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of your finds. I seems that you and your crew had a pretty epic 2020 season. I hope 2021 is as good or better. Cheers!

thank you my friend! I hope it’s a good year too. Already off to an ok start for relics, but got some catching up to on the silver coins. Maybe this year will be the year for a gold coin... got some things on my bucket list I’d like to find down here.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an outstanding year for the 3 of you Buckleboy. Congrats on some great finds. I can only dream !

thanks so much my friend, i appreciate your reply. You’re one of the original folks here on the forum and it’s great to see you!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! You guys had a killer year! Were you ever able to get a date off the William IV farthing or no? I got another one (a half) last year... 1831. Still looking for that Spanish though...

we couldn’t see the date but it’s a very narrow date range for those. Soggy soil down here really screws up coppers down here.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful finds..very well said and thanks for showing us to continue to pursue and not give up

thanks so much for your kind words and wishing you all the best in your recoveries this year

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for your kind replies!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful finds and yes Thank God for this hobby especially in these times!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread