Cannot Post a Photo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you posting using a smart device or PC/Laptop?

Above the text box are icons, the one on the right side of the smiley face is the insert image, click on it, a menu opens that says "drop image here", click on it and it allows you to explore your picture gallery, double click on the picture you want to use, it will upload the picture where you mouse is flashing, when you are done with the post hit save....
Choclate Hills PI.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
135k is not too large, my picture above is 522K.
What is the picture format?
Maybe the picture is corrupted? Have you tried more than one picture?

When you click on the picture icon next to smiley face, it opens a picture box, you click the center of the box it takes you to your photo gallery, select the picture by double-clicking it, it should then automatically upload the picture and you see it picture n your text box.

Are you using a desktop or laptop computer, what is the operating system you are using?

Cebu City PI Night Time.jpg

OP
OP
P

pkr1703

Greenie
Feb 28, 2022
I am taking pictures with my iPhone
Sending those pictures to my email sized "medium" which works out to be 100k - 180K bytes.
Open the email on my laptop and save the pictures into a folder.
The pictures in the folder open for viewing fine with either Microsoft Photo or Irfan View.
I follow the steps to either insert pictures into the message body or as attachments and it fails.

I am guessing that there is something in my laptop settings that is not allowing me to post pictures or "transfer data". But I have no idea what it is or where to change it.
I have never posted pictures into a public forum (don't use Fakebook) so wondering if there is a setting someplace you have to set that tells the computer it's ok?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I usually use the Attach files in the bottom left corner to do a photo. Not saying it's the right way but it works for me.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
I usually use the Attach files in the bottom left corner to do a photo. Not saying it's the right way but it works for me.
Me too, that section.
I sometimes if I took a picture on my Sony Camera then go to put it on my phone, just a Moto E7, save it to transfer to my phone as Jpeg.
Otherwise the photos from my phone download no probs using that section.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
I have tried that method also and it doesn't work. Pretty frustrating
Sorry to hear you cannot share pictures.
What phone do you have? When I use my camera I use photo shop and reduce the image. I might say take it on my Sony. It may be say 15 mega pixel. On photo shop I reduce it by say 60% then save it to post here.
Not saying it needs to be but I do that as from other forums I was with too many mega pixs wouldn't load. I might be wasting my time doing that here but I still reduce them to be sure.
Have you tried reducing them?
In not saying thats what is happening here, but I just got into the habit of reducing the megs as I in other places couldn't share pics with high megs.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear you cannot share pictures.
What phone do you have? When I use my camera I use photo shop and reduce the image. I might say take it on my Sony. It may be say 15 mega pixel. On photo shop I reduce it by say 60% then save it to post here.
Not saying it needs to be but I do that as from other forums I was with too many mega pixs wouldn't load. I might be wasting my time doing that here but I still reduce them to be sure.
Have you tried reducing them?
On the old format that the forum was using the size mattered sometimes.
Since the upgrade I haven't needed to change the mega pix once.
Try it out-maybe it will work for you also.
I'm not adversed in the Apple phones just the IMac desktop and Android.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
On the old format that the forum was using the size mattered sometimes.
Since the upgrade I haven't needed to change the mega pix once.
Try it out-maybe it will work for you also.
I'm not adversed in the Apple phones just the IMac desktop and Android.
Hi mate. Yeah I probably don't need to do that. Just got into the habit of reducing things. I'll have a go right now.
Ok. This was a 5 meg. Looks like I dont need to reduce here.

002.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice one!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Nice one!
Thanks. Went through my phone pics. Wish they were still around. That was easy 7 yrs ago. When my mum was still around. She loved trout. Back then they were a commonish catch here, big browns and rainbows. Not now sadly. Id get one, cut it in half and take them to her. Her eyes would light up! "You caught that!?" Me, "yep, your gonna like this!".
My dad used to be a mad trout fisho. He went several yrs before my mother. So everytime id get a good one id take her one. She absolutely loved baked trout. Was her Candy 😆
Never forget her eyes light up when id say "hey...look at this, Trout!"
Great days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread