Can’t find silver with my Deus

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a Deus right before the pandemic crap ended and haven’t been able to find much with it so I decided to go to a old spot I have and see if I could find anything silver. After about 2 hours of shotgun head stamps and garbage I was headed out of the woods, I got a loud beer canish signal but it sounded smaller than a can but shallow so I stuck in my shovel and just pried up the plug to find a 1850 militia belt plate…………couldn’t believe it, had to turn off my machine and go home I was so excited.

Attachments

• 58D0D14E-226F-46A7-A05E-D466CC5C83CC.jpeg
    58D0D14E-226F-46A7-A05E-D466CC5C83CC.jpeg
    745 KB · Views: 219
  • 36045C9B-6C73-43CF-878E-03C820660261.png
    36045C9B-6C73-43CF-878E-03C820660261.png
    1 MB · Views: 163
Upvote 24

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a Deus right before the pandemic crap ended and haven’t been able to find much with it so I decided to go to a old spot I have and see if I could find anything silver. After about 2 hours of shotgun head stamps and garbage I was headed out of the woods, I got a loud beer canish signal but it sounded smaller than a can but shallow so I stuck in my shovel and just pried up the plug to find a 1850 militia belt plate…………couldn’t believe it, had to turn off my machine and go home I was so excited.
Wow You are doing so good ..Congratulations on your beautiful recovery
Take care
Bill

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They say there's a silver lining to every cloud-You sir got that one with the beautiful plate, congrats!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JD what I beautiful plate! Congratulations!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Find!!!! Congrats!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT find! And yes, they sound like aluminum cans. There is a slight difference in tone, but best to dig them all. Silver will also blow your ears off on bigger silver, on the smaller coins, you have to listen carefully if they are deep.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine took me awhile to start to learn. But silver and gold come off clear and crisp. Normally I use use x/y set up and examine the tone and that. Normally a clean line on the x/y and a good high tone(depending on your settings) is gold or silver. The machine hits real hard on gold and silver and is really good at tiny gold and silver. Found a gold nugget with mine and wasn't even looking for that type of thing. Just takes time to get used to the machine.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
If I went over that signal with my Nox, I probably wouldn’t have dug it.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine took me awhile to start to learn. But silver and gold come off clear and crisp. Normally I use use x/y set up and examine the tone and that. Normally a clean line on the x/y and a good high tone(depending on your settings) is gold or silver. The machine hits real hard on gold and silver and is really good at tiny gold and silver. Found a gold nugget with mine and wasn't even looking for that type of thing. Just takes time to get used to the machine.
I haven’t had my Deus out in well over a month, but I use the hot program with iron on. At this spot I’ll play with the reactivity due to the amount of trash in the ground, it’s an old home site that was used as a dump for a while in the early 1900’s. I’ve been through this area with friends a ton of times with all sorts of high end machines. Last time I was there back in March we went there just to kill off the end of the day and pulled up a 1806 Charles IIII half Reale. Unless we find a cut field to hunt, we’re going back on Friday.thanks for the insight!

Attachments

• 4685BA66-D51C-4520-B52A-1D86355B2D2B.jpeg
    4685BA66-D51C-4520-B52A-1D86355B2D2B.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 84

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe-Dirt-I hear you. I went to a group dig a few years ago at a home site that was being torn down. I got a screamer signal similar to an aluminum can near the foundation and there were footprints ON the target. Several sets. It was a Rev War belt plate. That's the price of skipping "obvious" can signals. Two other times they were Confederate belt plates.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also dug an 1850s militia "panel" plate with my Deus. Mine had a star in the panel rather than than an eagle. It was 15 inches down and on edge, but it was loud and clear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions