Can't wait to investigate!

pingdis

Jun 7, 2011
Southeast Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Not yet.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On a jet ski one day and saw this object embedded in river bank after a huge tree fell exposing it. This is at a productive Middle Woodland village site and it certainly appears man made. I can't get good access to it until the winter draw down lowers the water level about 5 feet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7209.JPG
    IMG_7209.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 618
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being you were close enough to take a photo and having the benefit of clear, unobstructed in person viewing from multiple angles, you were probably seeing the object twice as well as we are and rather then us all just making guesses, you had to have a much better idea to what it was. What are your thoughts? Top of a jug perhaps?

Last edited:

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here along the Sabine drainage we find broken up pottery under fallen tree's often.I always assumed that if a tree grew on top of a pot, the roots went everywhere,growing inside the opening of the Jug/pot and when the tree fell, the roots obliterated the jug/pot into pieces.

What ever it is, it was washed up under roots imo.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here along the Sabine drainage we find broken up pottery under fallen tree's often.I always assumed that if a tree grew on top of a pot, the roots went everywhere,growing inside the opening of the Jug/pot and when the tree fell, the roots obliterated the jug/pot into pieces.

What ever it is, it was washed up under roots imo.

Exactly my experience. I'm still confused as to why he didn't just ease up there on the jet ski and pluck it out right after he took the insitu.

AlabamaRelic

Jul 2, 2009
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
On a jet ski one day and saw this object embedded in river bank after a huge tree fell exposing it. This is at a productive Middle Woodland village site and it certainly appears man made. I can't get good access to it until the winter draw down lowers the water level about 5 feet.
If it’s on TVA property, it’s illegal to remove artifacts.

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guess it's not that important since the post was on September 1st and still no update on recovery.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no retrieval tells me this is FAKE NEWS.

the original picture he posted was from july 16th according to the metadata scrubber. so there's a two month spread without returning. Supposedly he was on a jet ski and hunts artifacts, doesn't really make sense not riding up to ??

since the area he is posting from and his other posts seem to indicate it is located on tva waters illegal to remove artifacts from. whatever it was, might not get an update.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread