Cape Canaveral Shipwreck finds

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
TheRealTim
Still waiting your reply.
I don't work for the state anymore, so I can't help you with any of this other than to say that every single bit of information became part of the discovery process. To the best of my knowledge all of the answers you seek are in the publicly available documents. I think the most useful thing that I can say is that neither I nor anyone else at the state notified any French officials of the find. They were obviously aware of it.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tim is Correct the State did not approach France first, But the State of Florida caused the issue at hand, The sate collaborated with France w/o GME/s knowledge and this well come out more so in a few weeks, the problem with this doc ruling you turned in Tim is its wrong, its misleading, your testimony is in correct and the judge added "invented" some languge that doesn't exist, why would he do that you think? Another point and I quote, FDOS was ‘collaborating and negotiating’ with France to recover the shipwreck sites discovered by GME without its involvement) That was you and the SEC of State Ken Detzner, and the State dept. was involved as well. Yes I have the email to you Tim.

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
Tim is Correct the State did not approach France first, But the State of Florida caused the issue at hand, The sate collaborated with France w/o GME/s knowledge and this well come out more so in a few weeks, the problem with this doc ruling you turned in Tim is its wrong, its misleading, your testimony is in correct and the judge added "invented" some languge that doesn't exist, why would he do that you think? Another point and I quote, FDOS was ‘collaborating and negotiating’ with France to recover the shipwreck sites discovered by GME without its involvement) That was you and the SEC of State Ken Detzner, and the State dept. was involved as well. Yes I have the email to you Tim.
Once again, you're accusing me of perjury. It's wild that you would do that. You disagree with the judges. That's fine. But publicly implying that I lied under oath is quite a branch to hang on to.

I wrote another paragraph, but I'm not even going to address the rest of your post. As long as you're accusing me of perjury, then I have no reason to discuss this with you.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim
Does the truth hurt? It is hard to hide behind real documents with your name on them. Do you have anything stored at Mar-a-Lago?

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
A judges and law makers are advised by academics/ archaeologist funded by the state, the laws that are set out are not inclusive of all in society they are influenced by those who have their own academic interest at heart.

What is better for society, to leave a wreck to rot on the seabed, to lose a wealth of educational and historical information, or to commercially salvage the shipwreck using archaeological methods. Providing jobs for archaeologist divers and crew, contributing towards tax revenue, growing tourism, while providing resources for study.

MAARER.com we are now getting recognition and working with national museums, in the beginning we were called treasure hunters and thieves.

One day the discrimination and insults of this people towards law abiding citizens will be recognised for what it is, exclusion and discrimination, I hope that one day to call a shipwreck explorer a treasure hunter, in terms of making them appear to be a thief, will be on the level of calling a black person the unforgivable N word.
I severely doubt it... The trend and culture show it will simply get much worse!!!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm curious how France knew to get involved? The location of the wreck (found under a legal and binding 1A-31 Exploration Permit) should have been GME's intellectual property. GME didn't notify France, so who did?
Bingo. You hit the nail on the head. @TheRealTim is dodging this question.

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
Bingo. You hit the nail on the head. @TheRealTim is dodging this question.
With all due respect, I don't owe anonymous people on the internet answers to anything. The only reason I created an account is because I felt like I should counter the false, hurtful, and potentially damaging accusations about my testimony in court. Anything I've written beyond that is just trying to be helpful - believe it or not. I have enjoyed some of the conversation I've had here that was substantive, and I wouldn't mind continuing that.

As I've said several times: the answers to most of the questions folks have asked, and clarification on many of the assumptions that have arisen here, are in the publicly available court documents, and the primary sources referenced therein. I can't think of better sources of information than that. Certainly better than us keyboard warriors posting under fake names on the internet.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Once again, you're accusing me of perjury. It's wild that you would do that. You disagree with the judges. That's fine. But publicly implying that I lied under oath is quite a branch to hang on to.

I wrote another paragraph, but I'm not even going to address the rest of your post. As long as you're accusing me of perjury, then I have no reason to discuss this with you.
Tim, just to be clear, this is what I said, (in fact you most certainly said things that were not true, or you are just incompetent,) if telling the truth is an issue, and I do not think it is. Tim I understand you are NOT a underwater "Marine Archaeologist"
But you made statements that were just not true, bottom line, I do not know if you were told to do that are you just did that on your own, As Ryan Duggan did the same thing, Tim, I am not here to bash you, so let me say this, we will revisit this pretty soon in court. But for different reasons, Tim I am just stating the facts.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be careful, the verbiage and the way Tim is speaking on this forum sounds an awful lot like a lawyer attempting to set up the ground work for a defamation law suit or something like that.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would be careful, the verbiage and the way Tim is speaking on this forum sounds an awful lot like a lawyer attempting to set up the ground work for a defamation law suit or something like that.
if its the truth its not defamation, but thanks, it is very clear what was said under oath in court and what the truth really is. but again thanks I do see your point

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
Tim, just to be clear, this is what I said, (in fact you most certainly said things that were not true, or you are just incompetent,) if telling the truth is an issue, and I do not think it is. Tim I understand you are NOT a underwater "Marine Archaeologist"
But you made statements that were just not true, bottom line, I do not know if you were told to do that are you just did that on your own, As Ryan Duggan did the same thing, Tim, I am not here to bash you, so let me say this, we will revisit this pretty soon in court. But for different reasons, Tim I am just stating the facts.
Saying that you disagree with what I said is one thing. Calling me a liar is another. I did not lie under oath. Hard stop. Disagree all you want. I don't have a problem with that.

As far as defamation goes, I'm not trying to set anything up to sue anyone. I don't have time for that, there's nothing to be gained, and I don't personally care what you say about me one way or the other. My skin is thicker than that. But I do think that countering such talk is only fair, which again is why I created this account in the first place.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Saying that you disagree with what I said is one thing. Calling me a liar is another. I did not lie under oath. Hard stop. Disagree all you want. I don't have a problem with that.

As far as defamation goes, I'm not trying to set anything up to sue anyone. I don't have time for that, there's nothing to be gained, and I don't personally care what you say about me one way or the other. My skin is thicker than that. But I do think that countering such talk is only fair, which again is why I created this account in the first place.
I do understand what you are saying

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I do understand what you are saying
Black Duck, why don't you do as I do and become a pirate? I don't need no steenking permit.
Captain Morgan.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post by our rules, no insults or personal attacks on members.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
With all due respect, I don't owe anonymous people on the internet answers to anything. The only reason I created an account is because I felt like I should counter the false, hurtful, and potentially damaging accusations about my testimony in court. Anything I've written beyond that is just trying to be helpful - believe it or not. I have enjoyed some of the conversation I've had here that was substantive, and I wouldn't mind continuing that.

As I've said several times: the answers to most of the questions folks have asked, and clarification on many of the assumptions that have arisen here, are in the publicly available court documents, and the primary sources referenced therein. I can't think of better sources of information than that. Certainly better than us keyboard warriors posting under fake names on the internet.
I think @ScubaFinder 's question as to who contacted the French government is the most relevant one posed and I think you know the answer.

You keep hiding behind "publicly available documents". If they contain the answer, post the link to the document that does.

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
I think @ScubaFinder 's question as to who contacted the French government is the most relevant one posed and I think you know the answer.

You keep hiding behind "publicly available documents". If they contain the answer, post the link to the document that does.
You can't hide behind publicly available documents. That's the point.

But, the answer is that to the best of my knowledge GME contacted DRASSM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread