B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You can't hide behind publicly available documents. That's the point.

But, the answer is that to the best of my knowledge GME contacted DRASSM.
Yes GME did, in 2015 or early 2016 for the reason of trying to work with France IN case it was a French shipwreck, ( to date never proven) But the State did contact France in 2016 and had meetings with France about working the shipwrecks (being partners) together without GME knowledge, ( The 11th Circuit court said France and the State of Florida Collaborated w/o GMEs knowledge ) before the Judge in Admiralty court said it was a French ship, like a year before or more (not Military, just belonged to France with Out proof) so yes the State did contact France to work around GME and yes I have these emails, some of which have been introduced to court, some will be injected in a few months.
Anyway you look at this the State of Florida was wrong in what they did, and how they went about it. GME has a ways to go dealing with this, but we will deal with this. And we will not stop coming back until justice has been gotten.

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Court case coming up in the next couple of weeks, ruling being challenged on the reason given to deny permit to salvage shipwreck. Will post the information when it concludes , mybe of help, as it is not unlike your situation.

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
Yes GME did, in 2015 or early 2016 for the reason of trying to work with France IN case it was a French shipwreck, ( to date never proven) But the State did contact France in 2016 and had meetings with France about working the shipwrecks (being partners) together without GME knowledge, ( The 11th Circuit court said France and the State of Florida Collaborated w/o GMEs knowledge ) before the Judge in Admiralty court said it was a French ship, like a year before or more (not Military, just belonged to France with Out proof) so yes the State did contact France to work around GME and yes I have these emails, some of which have been introduced to court, some will be injected in a few months.
Anyway you look at this the State of Florida was wrong in what they did, and how they went about it. GME has a ways to go dealing with this, but we will deal with this. And we will not stop coming back until justice has been gotten.
Fascinating. Best of luck to you, and to everyone involved in this. As I'm sure everyone will understand I don't have anything to say about the ongoing case, since I have never been a party to it.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Court case coming up in the next couple of weeks, ruling being challenged on the reason given to deny permit to salvage shipwreck. Will post the information when it concludes , mybe of help, as it is not unlike your situation.
I would be quite interested to hear about this case

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You can't hide behind publicly available documents. That's the point.

But, the answer is that to the best of my knowledge GME contacted DRASSM.
I heard that the State of Florida contacted France behind GME's back.

Post a link to the applicable public document otherwise I'm done with your games.

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
I heard that the State of Florida contacted France behind GME's back.

Post a link to the applicable public document otherwise I'm done with your games.
I heard that Hunter Biden is dating Beyonce.

I didn't ask you to play any games, so that's fine. I just answered the question that was asked. It's none of my business whether or not you believe me.

I don't have a PACER account so I can't link to any federal court documents, and I don't possess any of them. But I already provided the link to the DOAH hearing docket earlier in this thread.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a chance that the court would live screen the next court appearance.
Tim
Run with the dogs and you catch the fleas!

O2ptima

Jan 28, 2012
Boca Raton FL.
Detector(s) used
various
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Is there a chance that the court would live screen the next court appearance.
Tim
Run with the dogs and you catch the fleas!
Any update on status of lower court date, case? I called court clerk and was told there isn't anything on the calendar???

FourEyedWilly

Jun 1, 2023
I hate to interrupt this lively and hostile conversation about legal proceedings with a request for help identifying a find. This appears to fall under the heading of Cape Canaveral Shipwreck finds.

On Tuesday, May 30th I found a foot-long piece of wood with a round brass(?) nail in it, washed up on the beach just north of the Cape Canaveral launch complex (Playalinda Beach). I am trying to find out how old it might be from the nail. According to the GME reports, the estimated dates of the six wrecks off that coast range from mid-16th century to 19th century.

I have attached photos. The nail head is 1 inch in diameter. The shaft is 5/8" diameter and appears to be broken off at a 2-1/2" length. The wood cavity around the nail appears to have been burned.

Any help would be appreciated.

5979F254-AB52-48A7-BB59-5D54241C96F1_1_105_c.jpeg

C6CD1A7D-CEBA-4B9A-8841-0D072FB63EFE_1_105_c.jpeg

B05967C2-194C-48E5-8C01-2928FEF8AB5A_1_105_c.jpeg

Elsinore24

Jul 6, 2023

What would happen if the court rules against you and upholds that the ship is the Trinite and then you find the actual Trinite at the site 90 miles to the north where you expect it?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to interrupt this lively and hostile conversation about legal proceedings with a request for help identifying a find. This appears to fall under the heading of Cape Canaveral Shipwreck finds.

On Tuesday, May 30th I found a foot-long piece of wood with a round brass(?) nail in it, washed up on the beach just north of the Cape Canaveral launch complex (Playalinda Beach). I am trying to find out how old it might be from the nail. According to the GME reports, the estimated dates of the six wrecks off that coast range from mid-16th century to 19th century.

I have attached photos. The nail head is 1 inch in diameter. The shaft is 5/8" diameter and appears to be broken off at a 2-1/2" length. The wood cavity around the nail appears to have been burned.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 2086767
View attachment 2086768
View attachment 2086770
When sand washed away on Canaveral beach, a whole ship was exposed for a while. Archaeologists studied it until the sands covered it up again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions