Car wash Vacuum Finding today

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vacum.jpg

Went to the car wash today and was cleaning out my car with there vacuum. I heard it suck up some thing that rattled in the hose. After i got done cleaning my car i opened up trash door.. I was wanting to see what vacuumed up. I slid the trash and dirt out and this is what i fond in the trash I did not count it but there had to be over a dollar in change there. I bet a lot of jewelry gets sucked up, Have any of you had any experiences with this ???

Last edited:
Upvote 15

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to make the rounds cleaning out carwash vaccumes. I got $46 out of 6 vaccuums at one site in one day. There can be lots of change, some jewelry, all the M&Ms and cherrios you could ever want along with used condoms and siringes. Be careful. It may or may not be worth it.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I scored a diamond stud earring once, got $200 for it.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was a kid my friend and i would ride our bikes to the carwash and clean out the vacuum bins until the owner caught on and put locks on them. There went our candy money. :sad10:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not know that was a thing. Nice recovery.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Change saved is money earned!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a post about it a few years ago, so I tried it and yeah you can find some change and I'm sure some jewelry too. But I don't really have any close by. The one I hit up was actually getting ready to clean it out and dump it so I asked if I could take it and it was an employee so she said go for it, so I helped her to empty all three vacuums into a box and away I went. I made a shaker screen and took the hose to it and washed it and got quite a bit of change. But the thoughts of all the dead skin cells and who knows what kind of grossed me out.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been posts in the past about those that have scored by removing the grates and scooping out the sludge traps in the washing stall. They take it all home and sluice the sludge for the treasure, good times!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
A guy locally got arrested for that..he got charged on two counts Once in the vacuum, anything that gets sucked up becomes the property of the car wash owner, so he was charged with theft. He was also charged for tampering with the equipment.. ie: the vac!

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always asked for permission and most times, they were glad to have me do it. I dumped the contents into buckets with lids and then took my brush & dust pan and cleaned up around the vacuum. I have an 8 gallon metal bucket that i cut the bottom out of and added a port about half way down for the shop vacuum. I had another bucket cut in half with a 1/8 inch screen in the bottom that would sit in the big bucket. I set the 8 gallon bucket in a heavy duty trash bag, turn on vacuum and dump some of the vacuum contents in the top bucket. The vacuum pulls the dust down and away from you. Pick out the large trash and dump in another bag and pick money, jewelry & M&MS {if hungry} and dump the rest. When done, you lift your 8 gallon bucket up and leave the trash in the bag for disposal. Wear a good mask & gloves and be extra careful. Your first syringe find will give you quite the thrill.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian Steve Do you mind telling us what kind of jewelry
y you found. Any real good stuff ? Also thanks for you very informative post !!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did it, but on a smaller scale. When my 2 kids would clean their cars, I would go thru my Wet Dry Vac when they were done. Usually netted me a few bucks, and when they were both 20, I presented them with huge jars of change. At the time they were cleaning their cars, they could have cared less about those dimes and quarters they were sucking up. Fast forward, and a few hundred dollars later, they were amazed, and thankful ! They are 34 and 43 now, and have much better saving habits as adults !

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a couple of gold post earrings and a few pieces of sterling. The jewelry was not worth the trouble and in the end the pocket change wasn't either. I can find more jewelry metal detecting and detecting isn't half as nasty. If you want to try it out, contact the owner of the carwash and offer to clean them out in exchange for the change that you find. Don't mention jewelry. Tell them how you will clean up and pick up loose trash around the vacuums. Most of the ones that i asked were happy to let me do it. Wear a good dust mask & gloves. Do not clean the vacuums if someone is vacuuming their freshly washed car nearby. The dust will fly and dirty up their car. Ask if you can dispose of the trash in their dumpsters. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread