Carry options

CoinsAndThings

Dec 4, 2020
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the time I carry an M&P Shield in 9MM. It's one of the early one's with no manual safety. So basically the same as a Glock. I almost always carry it in a simple Uncle Mike's holster. Though I have on occasion carried it in an ankle holster.

I've thought an ankle holster might be beneficial when Metal Detecting as you are on one knee quite often. Don't know though. I haven't tried it yet.

I also have a Glock 19 that I carry in the winter. The holster is a Comp-Tac MTAC Minotaur. My favorite holster.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
None of my carry IWB holsters allow firearms to fall out, they are Kydex form-fitted with heat.
I have a very soft form fitting IWB holster that I use. Pistol is snug and never moves. I have a couple of the Kydex holsters for other pistols that I seldom carry. They are very nice and made for that exact gun.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with the subject. I live my rifle at home lefting barrel to rust in peace. I intend to use it in a next war, which i hope will not happen again in my life time. I know my naighbour will serve me coffe and biscuits, rather than bullets. I hope somebody should learn something from that - Marry Christmas to you all.

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ruger LCP with a pocket clip. Super easy to withdraw, doesn't interfere with my detecting rig and don't even notice it there.

Attachments

• LCP1.jpeg
    LCP1.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 27
  • LCP2.jpeg
    LCP2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
OP
OP
azdirtdigger

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
AZ Native. Now travel fulltime across this beautif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no problem with the subject. I live my rifle at home lefting barrel to rust in peace. I intend to use it in a next war, which i hope will not happen again in my life time. I know my naighbour will serve me coffe and biscuits, rather than bullets. I hope somebody should learn something from that - Marry Christmas to you all.
I am with you. I would be fine in your world. But until the predators in society also agree, there are places and times I chose to carry.

Merry Christmas.

7centsworth

Oct 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
I carry a Taurus g2 9mm with no holster. I use the techna clip. It has a clip like a knife. I sold all my holsters after getting the techna clip.

Reactions: Fat

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry it in my backpack, not on me. I can't stand it rubbing on me with all the up /down of digging (i can't even stand my pinpointer on me, i too carry that in my backpack as well as my shovel). Yes, if someone were to jump me, i couldn't rapidly access it, but i'm usually hunting in very remote spots and there are no cougars or bears either where i live in SE Minnesota, so no worries there.

Reactions: Fat

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IWB hawgholster with ulticlip, the thing don't move, 9mm S&W

thormchammer

Dec 14, 2021
Timbered regions of the PNW.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that carry concealed while detecting - What concealed carry method/holster do you use. With all the stuff most of use carry (tool bag/trash bag etc...) and the constant up and down, what is working for you.
I have two EDC guns and a couple holsters. I’m a forester and an avid backpack hunter so space, location and weight are all something I play with. My first EDC was a Rock Island Arms 1911, but after the death of Jere Melo in Ft. Bragg, California, and I moved to Oregon with more options, I bought a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 9mm (12+1). I used an Uncle Mikes neoprene holster for a long time, in my cruise vest, I would HIGHLY suggest avoiding that holster. Now I use 2 different war party holsters, 1 IWB and 1 OWB. I prefer the OWB with a longer shirt concealing it. Recently, after shooting a charging bear, I upgraded my hunting/woods EDC to a Glock 20 chambered in 10mm (15+1). It’s a good change but I’m working on holster solutions. I have a Condor currently but it’s not the best concealer. So, town/public/populated areas I carry the 9mm, in the woods/areas of more danger, I carry the 10mm. If you’ve got more questions, hit me up, guns are a favorite of mine.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I personally like big pistols & own several but never carry them. On a long road trip I will keep one in my center console. I feel they are too bulky and uncomfortable. It's interesting to read everyone's preference on various carry methods. I carry a teeny 9mm and any gun is better than none.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally like big pistols & own several but never carry them. On a long road trip I will keep one in my center console. I feel they are too bulky and uncomfortable. It's interesting to read everyone's preference on various carry methods. I carry a teeny 9mm and any gun is better than none.
LOL, there is a big difference in weight between my Springfield XD and my Springfield XDS, Taurus Judge .45 or Ruger 9 MM. the XD holds 13 rounds of .45, I do carry it from time to time, but my normal carry is the Taurus Judge .45 with 410 Hornady Defensive rounds or my Springfield .45 XDS 7 rounds.

The Hornady defensive round for my Judge is 410 with two 35 caliber round balls topped with one non-jacketed FTX slug.

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOL, there is a big difference in weight between my Springfield XD and my Springfield XDS, Taurus Judge .45 or Ruger 9 MM. the XD holds 13 rounds of .45, I do carry it from time to time, but my normal carry is the Taurus Judge .45 with 410 Hornady Defensive rounds or my Springfield .45 XDS 7 rounds. The Hornady defensive proud is 410 with two 35 caliber round balls topped with one non-jacketed FTX slug.
If you have to use that round on some bad guy he's toast!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions