Carry rigs and pics.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondered how most of you guys and gals carry your accoutrements. Thinking about getting one of the weight bearing military harnesses. I often have to walk in a pretty good ways to some of the places I hunt. If it is a great distance of course I use a backpack but prefer not to as I may be covering alot of ground and hate digging with one on. I use a military pistol belt with my dig-pouch, Vibra-Probe, Kabar knife, canteen, handgun, and hammer loop with shovel. Have the trowel in dig pouch. I keep the handgun concealed in a pouch as I prefer not to open-carry but do prefer to carry a full size pistol rather than anything really small. All this gets to be a little of a pain. The weight is not a big issue but keeping the belt up without it being too tight is. The harness I mentioned is more or less like suspenders that attach to the belt. Then there is the GPS, insect repellent, cell phone I usually carry in pockets of BDU type pants. Hope to go to the Tennessee River today on a scouting run for some old home sites and will more than likely cover several miles before the trip is over. Gotta be a better way and just wondered what the rest of you used when doing this type of hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USCavalry.com has a lot of stuff for military and police , check them out .

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that utility belt I'm wondering are you Batman, or plan on going to war :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
TNGUNS said:
Just wondered how most of you guys and gals carry your accoutrements. Thinking about getting one of the weight bearing military harnesses. I often have to walk in a pretty good ways to some of the places I hunt. If it is a great distance of course I use a backpack but prefer not to as I may be covering alot of ground and hate digging with one on. I use a military pistol belt with my dig-pouch, Vibra-Probe, Kabar knife, canteen, handgun, and hammer loop with shovel. Have the trowel in dig pouch. I keep the handgun concealed in a pouch as I prefer not to open-carry but do prefer to carry a full size pistol rather than anything really small. All this gets to be a little of a pain. The weight is not a big issue but keeping the belt up without it being too tight is. The harness I mentioned is more or less like suspenders that attach to the belt. Then there is the GPS, insect repellent, cell phone I usually carry in pockets of BDU type pants. Hope to go to the Tennessee River today on a scouting run for some old home sites and will more than likely cover several miles before the trip is over. Gotta be a better way and just wondered what the rest of you used when doing this type of hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Man you must have been a boy scout. Your prepared.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not going to war....ha ha. Want a lesche 75 or 85 and get rid of the Kabar and trowell. The Glock 17 gotta go with me as I found a Meth lab last week no joke and would never hike into these places without handgun. May just be cultural thing but our strong arm type crime rate is vitrually nonexistant in this county. Everyone carries and would have it any other way. Been about 4 strong arm robberies here in the last 20 years. Have plenty of drugs, burglaries, and domestic etc. But virtually never have armed robberies. Plus years in law enforcement and still work part time at a gun range ( we teach tactical handgun, rifle, and shotgun as well as handgun permit carry classes )..it's kind of like wearing seat belt. I don't plan on having a wreck nor do I plan on using gun. Just rather have it and not need it as the other way around. Check out "TheRidgeShooting.com" my home away from home.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use backpack, it only takes 2 seconds to take it off :icon_thumright:

It sure as heck beats looking like Rambo when just detecting :laughing7:

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the backpack thing alot but now causing some issues. I had to buy and build another Crotch-Rocket about 4 years ago and got put in the guardrail. Now have 8 fused vertebrae and part of my pelvis in my back. Got the rods and screws out about 2 years ago due to the screws pulling out. Reinforced with donor bone on last trip under knife. Nearly lost right leg and took almost 8 months to close it. The backpack has started causing some pain. I do great now so long as I walk alot and exercise everyday. Just looking for better option. Hey.....at least I am still a good looking devil. ( figure if gonna lie might as well make it a big one ):laughing7:

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to have a card to show. Aint that a hoot.....The metal is out now.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up on the gear Mac232:occasion14:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Jeff. Thank goodness the system states member has passed the alloted time or something like that if we hit the ban button. When you quote what the spammer is saying, then it does not automatic remove that quote, we have to go back to each one to delete,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread