Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a little Civil War camp I found in Wilson County, NC over the years I find different Carved Bullets. Here are some that i have found. Everything to camp art to game pieces to finials for cap/carthage boxes. I have not found anything with names carved in them, but just a few different examples of carved bullets.

carved bullets.jpg

Upvote 16
OP
OP
erfranks

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a little Civil War camp I found in Wilson County, NC over the years I find different Carved Bullets. Here are some that i have found. Everything to camp art to game pieces to finials for cap/carthage boxes. I have not found anything with names carved in them, but just a few different examples of carved bullets.

View attachment 1927795

Dug bullets are a rarity, most of the time they are found in camp sites, not like a drop bullet or button that falls off a uniform. I shared to let you know what they look like and different styles they are, and it looks like 82 people of look at them and keep going. I am surprised nobody has said anything about the carved circumcised ***** to the right of checker piece, or the sharp shooter bullet whittled down to make it lighter, the cap box finial because the soldier made to keep percussion box closed, the fishing sinker. A lot of shotgun shells and pull tabs were dug to find these. Happy Hunting

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great collection of carved bullets. These are among one of my favorite relics to find. To know that a soldier took the time to craft or carve a bullet whether it was out of sheer boredom, or out of need, such as a game piece, a final for a box, or so on. Personally, I believe these are some of the most personal relics. The soldiers back then were very skilled at carving the soft leaded lead bullets. You have some very nice ones in your collection. If I ever find a small piece of lead, and it has a special look to it, when I get it home and clean it, I pay special attention to it with a magnifying glass. I found a piece a few years ago and it had some sort of distinctive shape to it and it appeared to have something on the face. When I cleaned it with a toothbrush, it turned out to be a shield with the letters US in the shields middle. This was about the size of a dime. It is Amazing what the soldiers were able to do out in the field.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1927795
Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries well Done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread