Carved Head-- authentic Native American? Folk Art?

coachbedford

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello-- A couple of pics of Native American Indian artifacts (dug on private land owned by co-workers father and grandfather-- by THEM, not me) from central KY. Two pics just to show nature of many artifacts they recovered 1940s to 1960s. HOWEVER my main question has to do with the carved head in first pic. ANY chance it could be old and Native American carved? Or is it too expressive to be anything other than folk art? Opinions welcome. I have not seen any of these artifacts in person.

Attachments

• native1.jpg
    native1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • native4.jpg
    native4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 4

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello-- A couple of pics of Native American Indian artifacts (dug on private land owned by co-workers father and grandfather-- by THEM, not me) from central KY. Two pics just to show nature of many artifacts they recovered 1940s to 1960s. HOWEVER my main question has to do with the carved head in first pic. ANY chance it could be old and Native American carved? Or is it too expressive to be anything other than folk art? Opinions welcome. I have not seen any of these artifacts in person.
Definitely not my field of expertise but I have to say the head almost looks like a pipe-bowl

OP
OP
C

coachbedford

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely not my field of expertise but I have to say the head almost looks like a pipe-bowl
Possible but cannot say as I havent' seen it in person. I'm just wondering if Native Americans made head carvings with that much expression.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread