Casche Hunting Detectors

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back from two months in South America. Summer time has too much rain.. making searching not too practical.
Had a chance to investigate a few sites. No caches found, however one site I found about 50 clay pots buried in a hill side. Most likely from civilizations that do not exist anymore. These clay pots where about 20 inches in diameter at the opening, all similar, no bones, no metal. Only found ashes in a few, most likely related to rituals.

It is easy to find these with the metal detector in all metal mode. The signal ranges between (-95 to -80 ) on White's units. That is because of the high concentration of ferrous mineral in the clay used when baking the pot. They where all spaced about the same, very clear signals.

These where too fragile due to many centuries of burial. I attempted to pull a few, but since it was impossible to do so without them falling apart.. I decided to leave the rest in their place.

A second site is still left half way in the digging process, weather did not permit. This site is promising as the surrounding ground is virgin and the area we are digging has mixed types of soil and man made object fragments down to 4 feet. I will continue this project later in the year when I return.

I made a runway in the mountains, so next time it will be easier for me to get there.

Here are a few pictures, enjoy.

Gilbert

Attachments

• DSC06355_2.jpg
    DSC06355_2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 809
  • DSC06357.jpg
    DSC06357.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 782
  • DSC06356_2.jpg
    DSC06356_2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 784
  • DSC06440.jpg
    DSC06440.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 781

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Hi Gilbert,
I remember digging clay pots in Panama, but they were much smaller, from about
6 to 12 inches in diameter. At the time, around 1960, they were in demand, and
quite valuable. Occasionally we would find clay figures, birds etc. We did once find
a solid gold bird about 2 inches long.
Thanks for sharing,
Rich

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Good thread ! Lot's of information... I've got a whites PI unit I'd like to modify to a 1 or 2mtr coil...
rmptr

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
RMPTR,
So what kind of treasures are you looking for in Tierra del Fuego?
Rich

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
I treasure Hunt in South America everything is 15 feet or deeper except graves so your statement may be true in the states but huge hords are deep.
the reason is many time whole Villiage knew where the treasure was hid If you burry it deep someone trying to dig it up will be noticed before he gets to it. if its only a meter down or 2 meters it could be dug in one night. Thats the reason for the extream depths of most large treasures

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread