apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No dumping; that is nice! You have a knack for finding keepers.

apush :read2:

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
d2arcing said:
8 Wheats
1940, 1941, 1944, 1945, 1951, 1953, 1953 D, 1957 D

mainly all i can find, as I do not ring.

I don't cashier anymore, as I am now the Scan Coordinator (Pricing), but I have a couple of cashiers that keep their eyes out for me (who don't collect). I cashiered from 2007 to a few months ago and in that time I have found lots of foreign coins, mercs, silver quarters and rosies, many wheats, 3 indian head pennies, quite a few buffalos (some dates were worn). Just about a month ago, got 2 $5 bills, one was a star note (1963) and a red seal / serial number 1928 E series. Even got some silver 50 cents pieces and silver $1.00 pieces. I love my job! LOL!

But since I don't cashier anymore, starting next week, I'll be buying boxes from the bookkeeper. She ordered me some. I'm just paying the initial price and once the box is done, I replace what I took and bring the box back for another one! It's just paying the initial price of the box! And she doesn't give me a hard time dumping! LOL! So, it's worth getting boxes, pay for it one time, go through it, roll back, replace coins you took to make the box whole and bring it back for a new one! I only do pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. They don't use half dollars, so I just go through what they get in change at the register.

Talk with your bookkeeper and see if they will order you some boxes...it sure beats dealing with banks!
Happy Coin Hunting!
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread