Casting for a New TV Show

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Again, there will be absolutely no monetary expense to any talent that is involved with our program.

Sounds like a heck of a deal...
To paraphrase Dire Straits:

"Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it
You play reality on the cable TV
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and coins for free
Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumbWe got to install diesel boat motors heavy scuba tank deliveries
We got to blow these excavations we don't get to be on those color TVs"

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Rocodok LLC was created on May 23, 2012 in Delray Beach, FL.
As found in Florida Business Registry, Rocodok LLC agent is Malnove, Adam L.
Register address of this business is 55 Southeast 2Nd Avenue, Delray Beach, Fl 33444.
Don.....
PS: Are
Duke Straub, Colt Straub or Royal Malloy in your group?

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
I think people may be a bit hard on Casey with the good-natured ribbing and suspicion. Since they are actually a production company, I'd say there are two likely scenarios: The first is that they have some info--good or bad, on where a potential wreck is and they want to pursue that. The second is that they are recruiting experienced salvage/treasure hunters and the arc of the show will be mapped out in the pre-production process. If it is the former, the drama will derive from the zeroing in on the wreck and inevitable obstacles that arise in such an operation. If it is the latter, the drama will derive primarily from the human interaction and the generalized search for a wreck, i.e. each person cast will think that they have more experience and are smarter than everyone else, and all the other people are idiots. Like when you get a lot of experienced construction people together to work on a community project. In this case, having a dynamic personality and being a colorful character will benefit you if you want to be cast for the show. Unless you are the captain of the boat, being a low key quiet person who shoots flames from their eyes probably won't help you. But it also goes without saying that having a peg leg that replaces a leg that was bitten off by a shark would be a plus in getting cast in any ocean faring production.

OP
OP
A

ACECasting

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2018
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rocodok LLC was created on May 23, 2012 in Delray Beach, FL.
As found in Florida Business Registry, Rocodok LLC agent is Malnove, Adam L.
Register address of this business is 55 Southeast 2Nd Avenue, Delray Beach, Fl 33444.
Don.....
PS: Are
Duke Straub, Colt Straub or Royal Malloy in your group?

As confirmed on our website: americanchainsaws.com
Duke, Colt, and Royal are the principals of the company

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, chiming in again to clear things up:

1) The Facebook page shared is in no way affiliated with us. That company is based in Atlanta and is named "ACE Casting." We are based in Los Angeles and are named "American Chainsaws Entertainment" (we informally use the abbreviation ACE). Our email is called acecasting because it's used exclusively by our development team. Our website is https://www.americanchainsaws.com/ and that is the ONLY official platform our company manages.

2) Au_Dreamers is correct. While we engage in casting, we are NOT a casting company. We are a production company. Some organizations will hire casting companies to find talent for their upcoming programs. The casting company will submit headshots/resumes/reels of talent they identify to be a good fit. This is where pay-to-play schemes come into play. Unscrupulous casting companies may go to struggling actors and say, "We were just hired to find talent for a role. We'll submit you for the role if you pay x." We have no middleman, so all casting submissions go straight to the decision makers. Once we cast the show, we will film it, and then edit it. All phases of production are handled within our company which is why we're a full-service production company and not just a "casting company." Again, there will be absolutely no monetary expense to any talent that is involved with our program.

I hope that helps clear things up. Feel free to message/email me personally with any questions/concerns whatsoever. There are limits to what we can say publicly and we may be able to provide more answers over private channels. If you're even tangentially interested in the project, I encourage you to reach out. Thank you!

I for one, appreciate the education. All we ever get are one hit posts who seem unserious.
My belief is that any reality show will hit if you have fun and interesting people, no matter what the subject matter.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go, this is what I couldn't find before.

Business Description
American Chainsaws is located in Los Angeles, California. This organization primarily operates in the Television Film Production business / industry within the Motion Pictures sector. This organization has been operating for approximately 5 years. American Chainsaws is estimated to generate $331,749 in annual revenues, and employs approximately 20 people at this single location.

Contact Information
American Chainsaws
6855 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Duke Straud
Title:
Chief Executive Officer
Phone:
(213) 761-5965
There are 5 Companies located at 6855 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038

Name:
American Chainsaws

Year Founded:

Engaged In:

checkedun.png
Manufacturing

checkedun.png
Importing

checkedun.png
Exporting

Location Type:
Single

Revenue:
$ 331,749

Employees Here:

Facility Size:
N/A

American Chainsaws in Los Angeles, CA - (213) 761-5965 - Profile

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think he says!
I don’t watch tv to think, it’s for not thinking time

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
They still produce B.S. ,trying to pawn off so-called reality shows that are not reality.Everything on these shows are scripted,meaning,every bit of dialog,actions,,finds,are prearranged.The media takes the general public as a bunch of idiot box brainwashed morons.It pretty much disgusts me.What also disgusts me are the people that fall for their garbage.Think people,trust me thinking doesn't hurt.

So all this boils down to you not liking reality shows. I'm not big on them either. But none of the information you have posted about this company indicates that they have been anything but upfront in what they do, and what they want to do. Television is a business, so it shouldn't come as a shock that what finally lights the LED's on your TV has been produced in such a way that someone wants viewership to translate into profits. You wouldn't dive a canoe that little Jimmy Horseburger sunk when he was on vacation with his parents back in 2007 because it's not worth your time. SPOILER ALERT: It's the same for all other industries, including those in show business. If the show is entertaining, and people watch it for that reason it's called success. And for those who are cast for the show, that success could also mean an influx of investors for other projects they want to pursue.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red is sorta like Mikey, Mikey will eat anything
Red will hate anything

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James, acecasting is a member here and has broken no rules, if you dont like his thread then change the channel to another thread. Any further attacks on the thread will not end well, your violating our rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Acecasting has the right to post here and has broken no rules. If you don't like the thread don't enter the thread, your violating our rules.

Per our rules "If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."Post by our rules, your replies are neither polite nor respectful.

Keep the politics out of the thread last warning.

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If the participants are compensated for their time and trouble, I personally have no problems with reality TV.
Yes, you have to spice it up some...if there was a live feed of the deck of our dig boat or the survey boat you could package it as a sleeping aid 67 percent of the time. We all love it, but some days it's a little slow.
It would be nice if some of the shows had a 'believability editor"...kind of like a continuity editor but with a well developed BS detector.
This genre seems to be getting popular. Expedition Unknown, Cooper's Treasure, Caribbean Pirate Gold, Bering Sea Gold, Oak Island, Treasure Quest - Snake Island and at least two more in talks that I am aware of. Marty Bayerle would LOVE to have someone come aboard his Republic project with enough funds to salvage his wreck.There is a pretty good chance of actually being able to reveal something at the end of the season on that one, but it is a multi-million dollar budget. There are apparently not a lot of players out there with that kind of gambling money.
Get in while it's good.
I'd LOVE to talk to a well-financed someone about mounting a full-on expedition into the Caribbean, but what we want to do cannot be done in a 10 day shooting schedule...It would take 45-90 days on site time on one project, 15-45 days on the second and third opportunities.
Carry on carrying on.
I have to work on boats tomorrow!

The general area....this should get you started.
caribbean-map-11-18x12-colored-web.jpg

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
If the participants are compensated for their time and trouble, I personally have no problems with reality TV.
Yes, you have to spice it up some...if there was a live feed of the deck of our dig boat or the survey boat you could package it as a sleeping aid 67 percent of the time. We all love it, but some days it's a little slow.

And the ironic thing is that when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in salvaging a wreck, that process is going to be scripted every bit as much as any reality show. You aren't going to just tumble off the boat and fumble blindly around, hoping to find something. As you alluded to in your "pep talk", there's going to be many hours--perhaps hundreds of hours of mapping the site, determining where to poke around, how to poke around and how to bring it up, preparing the equipment, etc. And that doesn't even include what's involved in the safety side of the equation.

I'd LOVE to talk to a well-financed someone about mounting a full-on expedition into the Caribbean, but what we want to do cannot be done in a 10 day shooting schedule...It would take 45-90 days on site time on one project, 15-45 days on the second and third opportunities.

Now add some surface and underwater cameras to that and you end up with thousands of hours of footage that has to be edited to produce a series. A single, 42 minute episode can require hundreds of hours of footage to capture what then gets edited down to the final product. A production company would be foolish if they didn't try to map the production process from beginning to end. They're under the same time and money constraints that salvage operations have.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Acecasting has the right to post here and has broken no rules. If you don't like the thread don't enter the thread, your violating our rules.

Per our rules "If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."Post by our rules, your replies are neither polite nor respectful.

Keep the politics out of the thread last warning.

I see that my post was deleted,(I think?). Not that I really care and not looking for an explanation I respect the decision. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was taken the wrong way. I was defending the op and was just explaining what I thought the difference was to RJC. Nothing meant by it. :occasion14: Just conversation. No problem with deleting this one too if it's adding to any fire, or for whatever reason.(off topic):laughing7:

Last edited:

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that my post was deleted,(I think?). Not that I really care and not looking for an explanation I respect the decision. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was taken the wrong way. I was defending the op and was just explaining what I thought the difference was to RJC. Nothing meant by it. :occasion14: Just conversation. No problem with deleting this one too if it's adding to any fire, or for whatever reason.(off topic):laughing7:
Is this a dead end? Or do you think a surreptitious agreement was made?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Wow, it's Lazarus walking, a resurrection of a thread from 2018.

Out of interest anyone know what came of this or did it waft away over the horizon like so many other 'we are making this show' postings?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice if some of the shows had a 'believability editor"...kind of like a continuity editor but with a well developed BS detector.
This genre seems to be getting popular. Expedition Unknown, Cooper's Treasure, Caribbean Pirate Gold, Bering Sea Gold, Oak Island, Treasure Quest - Snake Island and at least two more in talks that I am aware of. Marty Bayerle would LOVE to have someone come aboard his Republic project with enough funds to salvage his wreck.There is a pretty good chance of actually being able to reveal something at the end of the season on that one, but it is a multi-million dollar budget. There are apparently not a lot of players out there with that kind of gambling money.
Get in while it's good.
Carry on carrying on.
I have to work on boats tomorrow!
They (not this casting/production co but another) tried to get me in on a John Dillinger series once. Yes, I do live where the Chicago mobsters had hangouts when things got too hot in the big city. Only a 10-15 minute drive southeast from here, to reach the bootlegger's training camp (was used during the prohibition). The lake is now popular for holding Bass (organized fishing contests and events) with sunken islands sloping down to deep holes. The locals named one of them the "Dillinger Hole" local stories about him showing up a yhe old Spinks hotel.

The Spink Wawasee Hotel was originally built by the Spink family of Indianapolis in 1925 on the site of the Wawasee Inn Cedar Beach Club. The hotel thrived as a center of entertainment on Lake Wawasee, housing and entertaining many of the wealthiest, and sometimes most notorious, characters of the era. It even boasted of having a private railroad spur to bring Midwest and national celebrities to its doors.
Quote is from the Spink website.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread