CASTING: New TV Series Seeks Fearless Treasure Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there!

My name is Danielle and I work in Development for an award-winning television production company based in Manhattan. We are currently developing a new series which will follow various treasure hunters as they search for the infamous Inca Treasure.

I am reaching out to the TreasureNet community because we are searching for treasure hunters to participate in this project. We are looking for fearless and dedicated hunters that are willing to take us along on their journey and show us how it's done! We would love to see if anyone from this site is interested in applying or has recommendations for people we should reach out to.

To hear more more about this project, please email us at [email protected].

Best,
Danielle

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if that would work for me. [emoji6] I could use a few hundred more private sites to hunt. [emoji12]

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure productive results could be expected after you sign my confidentiality and non disclosure agreements.

Perhaps actors are the request?

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Inca treasure isn't my thing, otherwise I'd be a shoe-in. Good luck!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It sort of sounds like your looking for Indiana Jones with metal detector. Maybe the show would be funnier if the treasure hunter was inherently fearful. Maybe a manhattan Woody Alan type but less neurotic. Yes definitely make it a comedy. Good luck in your search.

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good until an executive director thinks they're a movie producer! Reality TV is the farthest thing from reality or the truth.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OH! ME! Me-me-meeeee! I'm in White Plains, and ready to go! :icon_thumright:

Umm, hold on.. There is going to be beer and dancing girls right? :occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry needs a partner!
But lets do southern beaches

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
these shows are a joke. Ya couldn't pay me enough to act like an idiot on national TV sorry

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OH! ME! Me-me-meeeee! I'm in White Plains, and ready to go! :icon_thumright:

Umm, hold on.. There is going to be beer and dancing girls right? :occasion14:
Terry i think you and i would be a great duo lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about the bumbling pair of clueless girls alone in the jungle? I have a friend who has a ace250 that she's never used!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
these shows are a joke. Ya couldn't pay me enough to act like an idiot on national TV sorry

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take too much to get me to act like an idiot on national TV. At the salaries many of those folks are making, in fact, I'd probably be just fine doing it. LOL

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take too much to get me to act like an idiot on national TV. At the salaries many of those folks are making, in fact, I'd probably be just fine doing it. LOL

You have to be an idiot for a long time before you start getting paid big. You start out paying your own way and you get paid when the show actually makes it on the air, and not paid a lot. If you get a second season you can start getting paid during, but you have to have a Gold Rush level of popularity before you can hope to get big pay.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

I already act like an idiot half the time in real life, whats the difference of doing it in front of a larger audience.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are looking for fearless and dedicated hunters that are willing to take us along on their journey and show us how it's done!

"Take along . . . " has that hollow sound of "not going to cover your expenses and bankroll the venture".

Might be handy. Someone and some cameras to barter off to the guerillas for safe passage through Ecuador. "You take chickie and PortaPak dude we go long way bye-bye, OK?"

"They want you to stay and film here a while but we'll be right back . . . "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread