Catch Up Post - Sterling US Army Ring, Silver Dimes, IHPs, Cufflinks, Etc.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an accumulation of finds from some short hunts over the 3 weeks. No individual hunts worthy of a post, but together maybe enough?
My favorite is the sterling silver ring. I took a guy who wanted to try his metal detector to a lot down the street from my house. I got a good signal and told him to try his Bounty Hunter on it. He still wasn't sure if he was getting a reading, so I opened up the hole and found this ring. It says United States Army and E Pluribus Unum around the setting with Federal eagles on either side. Inside it says Sterling and Made in USA.

Attachments

• Ring - side.jpg
    Ring - side.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Ring - front.jpg
    Ring - front.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 1897 IHP.jpg
    1897 IHP.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 1907 IHP.jpg
    1907 IHP.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 1937 F.jpg
    1937 F.jpg
    821.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 1937 B.jpg
    1937 B.jpg
    980.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Rooster.jpg
    Rooster.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 4-6-22, All.jpg
    4-6-22, All.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • All -1.jpg
    All -1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • All.jpg
    All.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
Upvote 15

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's an accumulation of finds from some short hunts over the 3 weeks. No individual hunts worthy of a post, but together maybe enough?
My favorite is the sterling silver ring. I took a guy who wanted to try his metal detector to a lot down the street from my house. I got a good signal and told him to try his Bounty Hunter on it. He still wasn't sure if he was getting a reading, so I opened up the hole and found this ring. It says United States Army and E Pluribus Unum around the setting with Federal eagles on either side. Inside it says Sterling and Made in USA.
That’s an awesome silver ring! Congratulations

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favorite is the lead turkey… or rooster. Good to get out with you yesterday!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds Steve. Looks like you've had some nice outings.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds. those cuff links look pretty old

Top Member Reactions