Not open for further replies.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or.. get this.. tell your local university/museum and get immortalized as the guys who found the awesome stash of civil war relics.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I posted the first post to state how we found it and then a second post as an update so I wasn’t throwing a bunch of information at one time. I joined this site cause I thought there would be some kind of support on what to do cause I don’t just go treasure hunting when we found it. But this site is looking to be a joke from all the criticism just from my first ever post on here.

Here we go. Jake, you sound real familiar.Your story sounds familiar, too. Kind of a fill-in-the-blanks, same story, different people, different find. I look forward to the next few pages, see if I'm right.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it’s what’s left of a musket. And my grandpa is the one who told me it looked like it was from the civil war. No professional has looked at anything and the location of this cave is right off the river so it has probably flooded at times. I just joined this page to get info on what I’ve found or what I should do. I’m only 19

Pistol. (?)

Tradition varies among finders , but ambitious research often follows interesting finds.

Legalities. Safety. Discretion , often follows if returning.

IF your cache site is part of the limestone formations , preservation of recoveries might consider that.

Don't frog around with unstable dynamite if found. It was not used in the Civil War (says me.) But was stored in huts designed for such , and other areas out of traffic. (In case your in a dual /multi purpose area.)

Hat pin condition really clashes with the firearms.
Hat ,(if wool) should be only fragments.(?)

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont be discouraged by the nay sayers, the guys on this site are pretty good at weening out the trolls, looks like you found a nice little stash, please take your camera with you to snap some pics in the cave for us to see, well done young man..

OP
OP
J

Jakewc10

Greenie
Apr 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont be discouraged by the nay sayers, the guys on this site are pretty good at weening out the trolls, looks like you found a nice little stash, please take your camera with you to snap some pics in the cave for us to see, well done young man..

Thanks man. I will take a lot of pics next time we go.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pin you got off of the civil war hat is a WW1 collar disc .
images

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In all due respect, please understand our doubt, since I've been on this site, Yamashita's gold has been found, The Lost Nazi Gold Train has been found, the Lost Dents Run Civil war Gold Has been Found, The Lost Dutchmans Mine has been found, the Beales Codes have been Solved, the Peg Leg Mine has been Found, etc etc etc...

Do you have picture of the Stash itself, the chests, the guns, the saddles, the hats etc all there in a pile in the cave. That's what we all anxiously await...

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I posted the first post to state how we found it and then a second post as an update so I wasn’t throwing a bunch of information at one time. I joined this site cause I thought there would be some kind of support on what to do cause I don’t just go treasure hunting when we found it. But this site is looking to be a joke from all the criticism just from my first ever post on here.

Actually, folks get on the chopping block, for telling the truth, sometimes..., unfortunately!
Fella, please figure out how to post a couple of pictures, add more info on how
it was found, and maybe we will support you, on this...AMAZING Find you guys have there...!
Keep us posted...!
Thanks!

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, folks get on the chopping block, for telling the truth, sometimes..., unfortunately!
Fella, please figure out how to post a couple of pictures, add more info on how
it was found, and maybe we will support you, on this...AMAZING Find you guys have there...!
Keep us posted...!
Thanks!

Well said, eyemustdigtreasure!

OP
OP
J

Jakewc10

Greenie
Apr 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all due respect, please understand our doubt, since I've been on this site, Yamashita's gold has been found, The Lost Nazi Gold Train has been found, the Lost Dents Run Civil war Gold Has been Found, The Lost Dutchmans Mine has been found, the Beales Codes have been Solved, the Peg Leg Mine has been Found, etc etc etc...

Do you have picture of the Stash itself, the chests, the guns, the saddles, the hats etc all there in a pile in the cave. That's what we all anxiously await...

There was no chests. But next time we go I’m taking my phone. I don’t trust our boat so I don’t bring my phone but I got a water proof box ordered and on the way. I’ll post pics of it when we go back next weekend.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What Ticndig said. The Collar Pin is a style that was used by the US Army from 1917 to 1924. (Crossed bolt-action 1903 Springfield rifles)

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a theory, you found an old rural dumpsite. We have a lot of sinkholes around here, that become dump sites for the locals (some have caves entrances in the bottom or sides of them). Sometimes just one family used them if they are remote (after all, someone used to own the property you found it on), others, if they are close to the road, lots of families dumped in them.

Pics of the actual pile of goods in the hole will clear up the mystery.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get back there, take some what are “in situ” pictures. That is, pictures with the items as you found them. Bring some sort of light if these are in a dark cave.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you explain why a WW-1 collar disc was on a civil war hat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread