Cave Spring GA Newspaper Article

broute33

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon y’all, (evening, morning)

I was going through one of the many historical newspaper sites and came across this one paper that caught my eye about Cave Spring, Georgia. What are y’all’s thoughts on this? I hope I’ve helped find a missing link for somebody.

cheers!

EA15D44D-4485-43C2-8BF2-C05C70D1553D.jpeg

Michael Karpovage

Jul 30, 2010
Roswell, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab 3030 CTX
There's many stories like this in north Georgia. There's two rare books that are a compilation of these stories, both written in the 1960s.

1. Georgia's Fabulous Treasure Hoards by Ernest M. Andrews
2. Cry of the Eagle by Forest C. Wade.

I've done much trailblazing in looking into some of these legends. They revolve around arborglyphs and petroglyphs that the Cherokee made before their removal in 1839. It's really fascinating stuff you can easily get hooked on.

Apr 7, 2022
Good afternoon y’all, (evening, morning)

I was going through one of the many historical newspaper sites and came across this one paper that caught my eye about Cave Spring, Georgia. What are y’all’s thoughts on this? I hope I’ve helped find a missing link for somebody.

cheers!

View attachment 2020231
Definitely stories about Cherokees returning in the early 1900s to dig up treasure they have hid. The most famous is in Forsyth County, but I had not heard this one. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread