Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes.....
Are you a member of an NSS Grotto? (National Speleological Society) Reason for asking is many good caves are gated but members have a lot better access. Also a lot do measuring and creating cave maps and other necessary work for research.
I haven't been active for quite awhile for other reasons but I found being in a Grotto well worth it. The best caves and best cavers. There is also the CRF (cave research foundation) They are the most serious and qualified.

Anyone serious about caving, the NSS is the next step.

OP
OP
S

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just interested in caves for metal detecting.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many be careful many old desrt dwellers people looking for treasure

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Just interested in caves for metal detecting.

The only metals I've run into in caves are maybe an empty can. Caves are often underground rivers and you never know what might wash down there. An exception are lava tubes. El Malpias (sp) near Grants NM is loaded with lava tubes.
The NSS can give GPS locations and save a bunch of time however they have strict rules about taking anything but pictures and leave nothing but foot prints. They are about preservation.
If your looking for valuable metals you'd better be prepared to blast. I'd make a claim first. You'll need to fight off the old desert dwellers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions