CBD and the Knee

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, I just want to share a personal story quick. So over this past summer, my grandfather and I spent time metal detecting... Well over the past few years he has had issues with his knee and couldn't get on one knee to dig his plugs. Well, He started taking CBD oil and it made a world of difference until he had his knee replacement. Well after surgery, he started taking CBD oil again and within 11 days, he said he was basically pain free and was up and walking around. Because of this I have started taking CBD oil daily and it has made a world of difference for me when out detecting and spending a lot of time on one knee digging iron in the hopes of silver, :laughing7:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I just want to share a personal story quick. So over this past summer, my grandfather and I spent time metal detecting... Well over the past few years he has had issues with his knee and couldn't get on one knee to dig his plugs. Well, He started taking CBD oil and it made a world of difference until he had his knee replacement. Well after surgery, he started taking CBD oil again and within 11 days, he said he was basically pain free and was up and walking around. Because of this I have started taking CBD oil daily and it has made a world of difference for me when out detecting and spending a lot of time on one knee digging iron in the hopes of silver, :laughing7:

What brand? There are several.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard good things about it and I also have a friend who takes it regularly. Let's just say his tolerance of alcohol was lowered immensely (unless he drank a lot more than he admitted)... hit him like a ton of bricks.
dts

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ****ing VA took painkillers away from vets but won't let them use cbd oils. They drug test and they will take away VA benefits. Suicide among vets went up cause of this money grab in the name of an ophiod crisis. And a lot of thise who need pain relief have been forced to turn to "pharmacists" who don't require an office visit. Now the is a new heroin crisis. Wow...who saw that coming.
Cbd oil is legal in all fifty states.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drink it or rub it on?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The ****ing VA took painkillers away from vets but won't let them use cbd oils. They drug test and they will take away VA benefits. Suicide among vets went up cause of this money grab in the name of an ophiod crisis. And a lot of thise who need pain relief have been forced to turn to "pharmacists" who don't require an office visit. Now the is a new heroin crisis. Wow...who saw that coming.
Cbd oil is legal in all fifty states.

Are you serious about the VA and taking away painkillers from Vets?

My aunt and uncle swear by that CBD Oil...It's helped them tremendously.

Kace

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you serious about the VA and taking away painkillers from Vets?

My aunt and uncle swear by that CBD Oil...It's helped them tremendously.

Kace

Yes. I've heard Vets report this to call in radio shows. Doctors in general are being limited on how much they can prescribe. For those patients who need painkillers because of chronic pain there are now pain treatment centers, where they have to go if they were on more than the doc can authorize. One woman I know was asked to consent to steroid shots rather than opiates. How steroids are better for her than a painkiller is beyond me.
Another fed program, more money from patients. By the way, the prescription drug database is accessible by law enforcement without warrant.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. I've heard Vets report this to call in radio shows. Doctors in general are being limited on how much they can prescribe. For those patients who need painkillers because of chronic pain there are now pain treatment centers, where they have to go if they were on more than the doc can authorize. One woman I know was asked to consent to steroid shots rather than opiates. How steroids are better for her than a painkiller is beyond me.
Another fed program, more money from patients. By the way, the prescription drug database is accessible by law enforcement without warrant.

Thanks HBP...If our Vets are being denied painkillers if needed...That infuriates me! Cutting off benefits for using a natural plant oil? That's crazy!

Like you said...Heroin use and Suicide rates among vets will soar through the roof!

Steroids cause major damage...geez..that's unbelievable anyone would suggest those.

Thanks For Telling Us/Me that about the VA ... I didn't know.

Kace

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks HBP...If our Vets are being denied painkillers if needed...That infuriates me! Cutting off benefits for using a natural plant oil? That's crazy!

Like you said...Heroin use and Suicide rates among vets will soar through the roof!

Steroids cause major damage...geez..that's unbelievable anyone would suggest those.

Thanks For Telling Us/Me that about the VA ... I didn't know.

Kace

Makes me mad. My doctor is almost eighty. We talked this stuff. He said it's about money. Just wait, there will soon be another fed program to deal with the drug crisis caused by the crackdown on prescribing painkillers.
I have heard cbd oil is effective for pain. If so, there should be studies to confirm as well as explain how it works.
It is unfortunate the best solution for pain caused by damaged nerves, muscles is currently painkillers or pain blockers.

OP
OP
collins6542

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
im more than happy to share more in a private message.. if you are interested to know what brand my grandpa uses id be more than happy to share info... just not in a public forum. just message me :) as I said, I use it daily and Love it!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Drink it or rub it on?

Either / or. A lot of salves now have CDB as an ingredient and there are many manufacturers of liquid CBD that is placed under the tongue with a eye-dropper. I won't mention any specific brands IAW forum rules. Honestly, I used it on my knee both pre-surgery and post-surgery and other than the generally pleasant feeling of rubbing my knee, I couldn't say that it helped. I have had a number of people swear by it. As I mentioned earlier, I have friend who takes it daily as part of his vitamin regimine. He swears it helps him have a more relaxed attitude during the day. Reputable CBD producers assure NO psycho-active effects, regardless of the amount one takes.

I think CBD is the reason a few of the MJ stocks saw a recent upsurge.
dts

orashisolomon

Mar 28, 2023
Hey, thanks for sharing your personal story about CBD and knee pain. It's always great to hear success stories like that! Sorry to revive an old thread, but I stumbled across it while searching for some info on CBD.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
opiate addiction.... gee I wonder why no one saw that one coming...

Grrudwin

Mar 28, 2023
England
I totally agree that CBD can be a great option for pain relief. I've personally tried it for my back pain and it worked wonders.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are selling it at the Beer Distributer/Smoke Shop up town.

I Have too Many Questions these days.

Can it cause a DUI from a Blood test if ya get a gung-ho cop ?

What Forms does it come in ?

I won't use one of them Steam Smokers ?

every time I Drive by , I Just Drive by :coffee2:

if the Real stuff was 100% Legal & Not on a DUI List I'd Probably do it , But PA Treats DUI Like a money Making Business ,
for everyone Involved But You.

Highest BAC penalties (.16% and higher) or Controlled Substance

No prior DUI offenses
  • ungraded misdemeanor
  • 12 month license suspension
  • 72 hours to 6 months prison
  • $1,000 to $5,000 fine
  • alcohol highway safety school
  • treatment when ordered

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are selling it at the Beer Distributer/Smoke Shop up town.

I Have too Many Questions these days.

Can it cause a DUI from a Blood test if ya get a gung-ho cop ?

What Forms does it come in ?

I won't use one of them Steam Smokers ?

every time I Drive by , I Just Drive by :coffee2:

if the Real stuff was 100% Legal & Not on a DUI List I'd Probably do it , But PA Treats DUI Like a money Making Business ,
for everyone Involved But You.

Highest BAC penalties (.16% and higher) or Controlled Substance

No prior DUI offenses
  • ungraded misdemeanor
  • 12 month license suspension
  • 72 hours to 6 months prison
  • $1,000 to $5,000 fine
  • alcohol highway safety school
  • treatment when ordered
It’s quite blurry where things land, I live in a state you can get the weed card as matter of fact every day I get coffee I see weed mobile guy selling, I work with guys who have medical card to legal smoke but here we go again I get random drug test now no one has a straight answer some people say only looking for narcotics and opiates on the test we’ll I can’t just go by what random stuff people talk shit. I’ve used the CBD oil cream it helps for pain joints honestly I found better results with cinnamon and peppermint oils,

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ! Yes the weed Cards are in PA now too.
I Hear you can go online and get a card here.
Just Check the things on the List that apply :tongue3:

but again, especially if you have a card and are driving and you get in an accident. even if it's the "Blonds fault" :laughing7:
My guess if they find out, they will check your Blood for
any Sign you smoked within 24 hours :(

Latent Paranoia ? :coffee2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread