Central Texas

nethunter

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2015
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIMID is a military detector. It's small and folds up to be easily carried. It has no discrimination features. Not good for coin shooting unless you dig every target. Great for relics in areas that don't have lot of trash. I am going to check some water crossings with when I get the chance. https://www.schiebel.net/Products/Mine-Detection-Systems/MIMID/Introduction.aspx. Here is a web site for more info. I like my ace. I have used it in the UK and Korea with sucess!

Thanks EODsmitty.
Its Amazing how much i am getting involved more and more into this Seeking Profession.
Cant wait till i finally can decide what to get

PBrad

Greenie
Jan 7, 2016
Fort Hood, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, just found this site and was looking for information on where to go in centex. I am on Ft Hood and brand new to metal detecting. Unfortunately, Ft Hood does not allow the use of detectors for obvious reasons but the relics and coins are definitely here. Hood has a lot of old ruins too. If anyone knows where I can go to get my feet wet for the first time, please let me know. I'm excited to start.

smitty988

Dec 1, 2015
Cedar Creek TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT Max (Garrett)
1236-M (Fisher)
Willow Branch
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted this alleged battfield hard and heavy many yrs ago. Lots of beer cans & pull tabs not much else but good luck any how. Write and I'll tell you the story of a wagon train attacked by indians the party alleged they buried all the family jewels. Not found as of yet. Write smitty988

smitty988

Dec 1, 2015
Cedar Creek TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT Max (Garrett)
1236-M (Fisher)
Willow Branch
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, you folks around Georgeown if your interested I'd love to get out and dig some dirt. Been hunting for yrs. so reckon I know a little bit about it. Your so close to austin why not try a sub=club of their offerings ? If not I'd be happy to help you get one starteed. I go out with most anyone that knows how to cover their holes and have fun at the same time. Write smitty988 for a positive reply..

smitty988

Dec 1, 2015
Cedar Creek TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT Max (Garrett)
1236-M (Fisher)
Willow Branch
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This Wagon Train hmmmmm, I hunted it heavy back in 66, lots of trash. Story has it that when the setlers new they were in ytrouble gathered all of the vaulabes, took them not to far away and buried them with the intent of going back after the fight. (Ineresting Note) the young Lady that was with the train turned out to be the Little Lady from the Battle of the Alamo ! Want to learn more write smitty988

Nov 17, 2018
Schulenburg TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Schulenburg, Texas and got hooked hunting arrowheads when I was 8 years old--I'm now 70 and still have the fever, so does my 40-year-old son--so he can take me to the sites you all find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions