Charger advice

AZDTR

Tenderfoot
May 4, 2022
White Mountains Apache County Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Classic 2
Whites Coinmaster 2 (Old BFO)
I'm getting ready to purchase a Simplex WHP. I've been reading up on the manuals and I'm a little confused on chargers.

What chargers are you guys using for your Simplexs and WHPs? The manual for the Simplex says to use a 5v 2a and the manual for the WHPs says to use a 5v 1a and says using more amps might damage them.

I've seen several references on the internet (I know, I know) that using the correct voltage (5) but higher amps will not harm the device because the device only uses what it needs.

My laptop's charger is 5v 3a and I was planning on using it until I read the manuals.

Color me confused!!!

Thanks

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting ready to purchase a Simplex WHP. I've been reading up on the manuals and I'm a little confused on chargers.

What chargers are you guys using for your Simplexs and WHPs? The manual for the Simplex says to use a 5v 2a and the manual for the WHPs says to use a 5v 1a and says using more amps might damage them.

I've seen several references on the internet (I know, I know) that using the correct voltage (5) but higher amps will not harm the device because the device only uses what it needs.

My laptop's charger is 5v 3a and I was planning on using it until I read the manuals.

Color me confused!!!

Thanks
Well I'm right there with you Tenderfoot. Came back to this thread hoping someone had given you a good reply. Misplaced my WHP instructions that came with my Legend, so I can't verify those specs. I'm pretty much guessing it's the same set of headphones. I wanted to see if, as is the case for the detector, that it it says "minimum " 5V 2A. Can you tell me if it says 5V 1A or 5V 1A minimum for the headphones please. Grandson's Simplex being delivered today and I want to be sure he gets off on the right foot. Thanks.

OP
OP
AZDTR

AZDTR

Tenderfoot
May 4, 2022
White Mountains Apache County Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Classic 2
Whites Coinmaster 2 (Old BFO)
Well I'm right there with you Tenderfoot. Came back to this thread hoping someone had given you a good reply. Misplaced my WHP instructions that came with my Legend, so I can't verify those specs. I'm pretty much guessing it's the same set of headphones. I wanted to see if, as is the case for the detector, that it it says "minimum " 5V 2A. Can you tell me if it says 5V 1A or 5V 1A minimum for the headphones please. Grandson's Simplex being delivered today and I want to be sure he gets off on the right foot. Thanks.
They are different WHPs.

The instructions for the Green Edition WHPs that come with the Simplex states 'You can use a 5V 1A charging adapter to charge your headphones. Using an adapter with higher voltage or amperage may damage the headphones or its battery.' That's why I was confused.

The instructions for the BT WHPs that come with the Legends states 'Any high quality USB charger can be used to charge the headphones.' You can find those instructions on Nokta Makro's site.

I ended up contacting Nokta and they said 'You could use any USB charger as long as it is a 2 or 3 Amp'. This was for the Simplex but I would think it would apply the Legend as well.

'

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Adztr. I did a search for the WHP instructions same as I did for the detector manuals and got zilch. Did not even think of looking on the actual site. I can restart your heart (sometimes), but I'm still computer illiterate.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After your suggestion I went to the Nokta site as well and then posted this on the Legend forum also. Thanks again.

LEGEND
"Any high quality USB charger can be used to charge the headphones. To charge the headphones, insert the USB charging cable to charging port on your headphones. The LED will remain solid red during charging. When charging is complete, the red light will turn off."

SIMPLEX Wireless green edition
"You can use a 5V 1A charging adapter to charge your headphones. Using an adapter with higher voltage or amperage may damage the headphones or its battery."

Simplex Wireless blue edition
"1. Charge the headphones with the supplied charging adaptor ONLY"

All 3 are taken directly from the manual, including the emphasis on "ONLY" for the blue edition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread