Charging the battery.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
I'm thinking as long as it says full charge.
How did it act in the field?

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Well, it ran low in the field this past Sunday and I started charging it this morning. I cleaned the battery contacts real good but the green light is still blinking.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine starts out with the typical slow blink when recharging after a days hunt, and it changes to a quick blink as the battery gets closer to full charge. Occasionally, it won't get past the quick blink stage to the steady green light, but, stays on a quick blink for days if you let it. It doesn't seem to affect it the next time I use it, and on a subsequent recharge, it acts normal again......who knows....?

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Mine starts out with the typical slow blink when recharging after a days hunt, and it changes to a quick blink as the battery gets closer to full charge. Occasionally, it won't get past the quick blink stage to the steady green light, but, stays on a quick blink for days if you let it. It doesn't seem to affect it the next time I use it, and on a subsequent recharge, it acts normal again......who knows....?
Thanks.....It seems to have fixed itself now. Works just fine. ???

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What charger is used probably has some affect, what do you use coda?

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When this happens, try switching to the WM08 charging cable to rule out a cable problem.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've recently been dealing with this issue with my Nox 800. Charging problems came up suddenly. Blinking light charging all night then getting into the field with a quicker than normal discharge to two bars. Machine is between 2 - 3 years old with quite heavy use. When I do go out it is usually for 6 to 8 hours of continuous detecting. I suspected the battery was getting tired so I spent the 40+ bucks with shipping and replaced it myself. Still seemed like the discharge on the new battery was faster than I was used to. One possibility is that a new battery sitting around in a package for a couple of years could have lost some performance.

This led me to think my generic USB charger was shot so I bought the charger sold by Minelab. That seems to function properly with 3-4 hours charging to a solid light. I do think my charger was fried. The unit sold by Minelab seems beefier and better made. But I'm past screwing around with power and don't want to lose the time I have set aside for the field. I just invested the 45 bucks or so into the PWR-NOX external battery mounted under the armrest.

The Nox 800 has served me well and I like the unit so much I am going to pre-order the Manticore. Since we have no idea when that unit will actually get into our hands I think I am going to invest in the nice carbon telescoping rod and folding CPU attachment made by Detecting Innovations. I will keep it as my back up or to teach someone else to go into the field with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread