Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a couple of trips where the charge on my headphones died prematurely before I noticed that the micro USB on the 3-headed snake (aka: the charging cable) wasn't fitting snugly. It seems that the metal part of the plug is shorter than it is on other cables.

I got around that by using my old charging cable for the phones, although the single USB cord that came with the machine is said to work (I haven't tried it myself).

I have no idea why they did that, but if you're having issues with your headphones, make sure your USB cable isn't the problem.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just discovered this with the new D2 mini plug. It seems to have slop with movement from side to side while plugged in to the WS6. If not centered just right it will lose its connection and not charge.
All my D1 mini plugs fit snugly and don’t suffer from being too small or not a tight fit. Plus they work just fine for charging everything but the Remote.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just discovered this with the new D2 mini plug. It seems to have slop with movement from side to side while plugged in to the WS6. If not centered just right it will lose its connection and not charge.
All my D1 mini plugs fit snugly and don’t suffer from being too small or not a tight fit. Plus they work just fine for charging everything but the Remote.
It isn't just slop... put it side-by-side with the mini plug on the single cord or the cord from a Deus 1. The metal part is 0.22" long on the new one, and 0.29" on the other cord/old style plug.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are suppose to use the short cord that comes in the box to charge the headphones. It fits like it should.

Attachments

• 275392047_3076484412566539_5924298305744376969_n.jpg
    275392047_3076484412566539_5924298305744376969_n.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are suppose to use the short cord that comes in the box to charge the headphones. It fits like it should.
Yeah, I know. And that was a stupid decision. It means that if we want to charge our headphones at the same time as the other stuff, that we need a second charger. Not all of us have the pinpointer (which rarely needs charging anyway), but I'd venture to guess that all of us have the headphones. Those three should all be on one cable. Or... better yet, use the same USB mini on the headphones and the pinpointer.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't need an extra charger! I always use a portable lithem battery bank (same as used for cellphones). Charge while driving between search areas, use the 3-way cord with no problems.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't need an extra charger! I always use a portable lithem battery bank (same as used for cellphones). Charge while driving between search areas, use the 3-way cord with no problems.
Using a battery bank has nothing to do with the need for a different microUSB cord for the headphones than the one on the 3-way cord. I don't know how you are using that cord for the phones.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only know that it works fine... Check page 30 of the user manual! Look at the picture carefully; you will see the three way cable; one of the leads ends with the "cannon plug" and the red arrow/line inidcates that it is charge/data - the second end of that red line points to the usb/c type single cable and is also charge/data.. Notice that the two remaining ends of the 3-way cable are marked "Charge". The three way cable is made to charge all three portions of the Deus 2 at one time from one charger! The single ended "C" cable is only required to pass data, it is used to update the headset!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only know that it works fine... Check page 30 of the user manual! Look at the picture carefully; you will see the three way cable; one of the leads ends with the "cannon plug" and the red arrow/line inidcates that it is charge/data - the second end of that red line points to the usb/c type single cable and is also charge/data.. Notice that the two remaining ends of the 3-way cable are marked "Charge". The three way cable is made to charge all three portions of the Deus 2 at one time from one charger! The single ended "C" cable is only required to pass data, it is used to update the headset!
Maybe XP changed the USB end at some point, and some of us have a shorter end than others. But mine are different, as have been the cords of at least 3 friends of mine. We have all had experiences with our headphones not updating or charging reliably when trying to use the USB from the 3 way cable but have not had any issue when using the standalone.

Here's a photo showing that difference. It isn't much, but it makes a difference.

JtkJDvs[1].jpg

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3-way cable will not work to update anything but the remote control. Must use the single cable for that. The only portion of the 3-way that passes data is the round cannon plug going to the remote control. Not sure why XP did that. Page 38 of the manual also shows the single cable for updating the headphones as well as the pinpointer..

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 3-way cable will not work to update anything but the remote control. Must use the single cable for that. The only portion of the 3-way that passes data is the round cannon plug going to the remote control. Not sure why XP did that. Page 38 of the manual also shows the single cable for updating the headphones as well as the pinpointer..
Good post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread