Charlotte NC

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Freedom Park public land? Even if it is, some parks are beginning to ban mding. They are here in Rowan County. Usually there's a assign with the park rules somewhere

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if I can use my metal detector in freedom park, Charlotte NC?
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved this thread from HELP! over to Forum: North Carolina for more exposure.

McK

Jan 27, 2018
Charlotte NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Charlotte
Don't think you can,they seem to frown on digging in a park around here

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It'd against Park & Rec's rules, but we do it anyway!

As long as you stay away from the kids and don't tear the place up, they usually don't say anything.

GL! I found a St. Christopher and a silver ring there.

Rye

Greenie
Dec 28, 2014
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting thread and topic. Mecklenburg County and the City of Charlotte are on a push to purchase land for open space, nature preserves, and parks. From the Mecklenburg County Park and Rec Ordinance: SECTION 5:No person shall willfully and intentionally remove, destroy,cut down, scar, mutilate, injure, take or gather in any manner any tree, flower, fern, shrub, rock, artifact or other plant or mineral in any park unless authorized by permit. My understanding is that this refers to "Parks". So Freedom Park is technically off-limits. However, Park and Rec also has purchased large plots of land and they are classified as "nature preserves". The rules really do not apply to nature preserves but if the park rangers see you they may ask you to leave. I see lots of hunters tree stands in nature preserves and I don't think the rangers are actively running the hunters off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions