Charm Bracelet, Texas Giant Ring, IHP, and GOLD!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday I braved the cold and hunted around an old farmhouse at one of my permissions. I had previously found an old house site on this farm, but had never hunted around the standing house, and I was hoping to find a couple silver coins. I didn't find much in the way of coins, just two wheaties and an IHP. But I got a couple interesting items, the first being this charm bracelet:

Charm 2.JPG

The next cool thing I found is this 10K gold piece with a March 11, 1916 patent date. I'm not sure what purpose it served. It weighs in at 5.7 grams. Since I rarely find gold, I was happy with this.

Gold Piece - Front.JPG Gold Piece - Back.JPG

I also found part of a J. G. Tarver, Texas Giant ring. Mr. Tarver was 8' 6" tall and weighed 460 pounds. Unfortunately the ring was broken.
Tarver 1.JPG

Here is some more info on Mr. Tarver One Dusty Track: Jim Tarver, Texas Giant

Just one older coin, a 1900 IHP
IHP 2.JPG

Here is everything I pocketed
All 1.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 24
OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man...

Gotta love the color old buried stuff can take on...

That charm bracelet is a textbook example of it.

Wikipedia should have a page on "metal detecting finds"... and they should use THAT picture as the textbook picture.

Sheesh that picture should be on the cover of a metal detecting book or something ... heh

That color... wheeew... uniform... consistent... creamy and thick... even tone.

I call it "sun baked mustard" color.

:P ~

:)

Well done Steve.

Thanks for all the superlatives on charm bracelet :laughing7: It was about 5 inches deep and it does have an even patina.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the superlatives on charm bracelet :laughing7: It was about 5 inches deep and it does have an even patina.

Well I was being part funny... and serious... if that makes any sense. :)

If I was writing a detecting site / page / book... that would be a picture on my list of "need to use". heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread