Cheap Blacklight

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading an older post today about someone wanting a nice portable blacklight for field use, and did not want to reply to that, but I found a really good buy at harbor freight the other day..It is a handheld LED light made by Quantum...I usually do not like this style light as they seem to produce a lot of white light also, but this one is pretty intense, and seems to meet all the criteria for hunting Scorpions, and florecesing minerals......Plus the best part it is only $7.99..I bought one just for the heck of it, and am going to pick up another just to have..It is every bit as good as my Avon Dermal light I rigged for portable use...Im not sure what the frequency of the light is, and I hope its ok to post the link below...

www.harborfreight.com/uv-blacklight-flashlight-63931.html

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean to tell me people eat scorpions and hunt down stuff that glows in the dark.

Is this used in night club parking lots to find broken finger nails from cat fights or something.

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good.

Im not sure about that..lol I just thought it was a really cool little light for the price, and im amazed at the output level...It is brighter by far than my Flourecent UV light I have...It may not be the right Frequency to floresce all minerals tho, but for 8 bucks, what the heck...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search. A couple years ago I posted how to make one from a battery lantern by just desoldering & moving one wire. Since you have two sockets, you can switch from a long wave bulb to shortwave. There ya go! Two blacklights for the price of one. And under $40.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean to tell me people eat scorpions and hunt down stuff that glows in the dark.

Is this used in night club parking lots to find broken finger nails from cat fights or something.
Hint ~ DO NOT use it in your motel room! Especially on the bed spread! You'll go to sleep dreaming about petri dishes of vile fluids. You do realize the bedspreads are only washed once or twice a month to cut costs don't you? OK, nighty night..... Don't let the bed bugs bite, sleep tight!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now we know why they call you boogeyman!!:laughing7:
:laughing7::laughing7::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:
Naw, just a bunch of years doing hotel security. If you listen to the hookers you'd think my name was "sh^t! security! Split!"

The most common thing said by hotel security? Jeez just when you thought you'd seen it all...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions