bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey metal hunters!

I'm home sick with the nasty Covid, but wanted to share something I found recently that I think is pretty awesome! It's a gold miners pick found in the Sacramento, California gold fields! It's not any ordinary pick though. It has stars stamped into it! Once in awhile a pick wih the miner's name or some symbols is found in the gold fields. I found this one last month with a few other relics near it. I watched Brass Medic's video on You tube to see how to restore it, and it came out with a beautiful finish. It's a solid chunk of iron, and I would have walked over it if I had ignored that iron signal. Lots of nice relics in the gold country are iron, so , dig your ferrous tones occasionally. Not all iron targets go in the junk pouch! If anyone knows anything about pick stamps, I'd love to read about it in the comments. Id' sure like to know more about them. Happy hunting......

Attachments

• pick1.jpg
    pick1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 218
  • pick2.jpg
    pick2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
Upvote 14

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a beauty! Thanks for sharing that with us, :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a real nice relic, and well done on the restoration.
You can thank your lucky stars for digging that iron signal up.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice find. Please take care and keep us posted on your health condition !!! Prayers are with you

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bzepol8 : How about an update on your self . How are you feeling and are you getting along ok ?

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bzepol8 : How about an update on your self . How are you feeling and are you getting along ok ?
Better but having some post COVID symptoms. Won't be detecting for awhile. But I made it through ok. Thanks for asking! Everyone stay safe it's going around!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better but having some post COVID symptoms. Won't be detecting for awhile. But I made it through ok. Thanks for asking! Everyone stay safe it's going around!
This is good news . How do you think you got it ? Were you vaccinated ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need one too ARC, ex large. Digging iron is for real men, and women.
Well i know this.... if you have ever had the dream of finding an ole "treasure chest" / "strongbox" / can or jar of gold or silver coins....

People don't realize ... You have little chance / will never find these items if you don't dig iron.

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take care and do what the doctors say. What medications did they have you take ?
My scuba instructor had it and got Air bubbles in his blood i think. He can not dive for a long time yet.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread