🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Chemicals were found today in my backyard in 3 places.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe someone can tell me what this stuff is.
This has happened twice last month.
The first picture had this 2032 3v battery on top of the orange stuff and I took it off then I got the camera out.
The 2 pictures are the first pile that had the battery.
DSCF0601.JPG
DSCF0594.JPG
DSCF0596.JPG
The next pile of orange stuff had this plastic thing on top.
DSCF0602.JPG
And the third pile looks like 2 little lumps of sugar on it and a bunch of ants. When I scraped it up this little black plastic thing was inside and looks like what comes from the store when you buy shoes to hold the tags on.
DSCF0606.JPG
DSCF0607.JPG
DSCF0608.JPG
So someone has been in my yard putting this stuff. I hope they are not trying to kill my dog.
The plastic things have shown up many times over the last 4 years. and other metal objects.
When I washed the scop in a pail of water the orange stuff went to the bottom and a lot of little green spots floated like the little green spots on the black plastic above.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what it is but you can probably call a pest control service and see if they have any idea send them pictures also if you can. I would check with neighbors if any of them have cameras that could have seen who threw it in your yard

Upvote 3

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just another thought a booster (shoplifter)
tossed the tags in your yard.
Do they have dye packs on the security tags down in your area?

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looked like mashed sweet potato. Not whole but mashed fine.
And when I washed the trowel in the bucket the green stuff floated to the top.
DSCF0609.JPG

Upvote 1

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A thought... somebody's pet is eating stuff and tossing it up when it can't be digested? The green looks like glitter, the other is possibly moldable sand? Somebody may be mixing stuff together and an animal is either eating it and vomiting it back up, or they're throwing it in your yard hoping a pet of yours may eat it? All of the items found would be very unfriendly to an animal's digestive tract.

Upvote 2

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, play dough is made of flour. I would report what's going on to authorities. Maybe they have similar complaints and know what this orange stuff is and if it has turned out to be toxic to other people's pets. Either way it is a form of repested illegal trespassing.

Upvote 1

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time for some security cameras. Catch the jerks red-handed, and
then give the video to the police.

Upvote 2

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mentioned someone might have it out for your dog? Do you let it bark constantly?

I'm asking because that doesn't look like mold to me. And the floating green stuff in the water? We all know what color rat poison is.

Maybe wild speculation on my part, but the most suspicious bit of information I got out of this is that you're worried someone might want to kill your dog.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Battery/clothing tags/hooks=dye pack security tags.
Look them up on the net-lots of different versions.
Nobody is trying to kill the dog, just a booster throwing away the tags and your yard is the dumping place.
A trail cam might catch them tossing it in the future.
Just put up an "property under video surveillance sign", usually stops the perps responsible.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread