CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, went out yesterday to a few spots with a buddy of mine. One was a pounded Reno park. Club hunt pounded, my equinox pounded, his CTX pounded. Pounded since the advent of detecting! We set up our D2 to cherry pick silver. Set discrim at 7 and notched 8-87 in park mode. I've never found silver at this park prior to yesterday. I've hunted over the exact same spots with my equinox. In the 1 1/2 hours we were there we pulled 3 Mercs, and 2 Rosie's. There were plug cuts next to some of these finds. We ended finding 7 silvers and two IH pennies yesterday but the park hunting felt amazing to find so much. The shinier silver was from the park.

Attachments

• E885462B-99C9-4EE0-B11B-26EF63E8EE84.jpeg
    E885462B-99C9-4EE0-B11B-26EF63E8EE84.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Settings that can be verified in the John Oliver booklet. A lot of work and excellent information. Kudo's to John Oliver for his work.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job :)
thanks for the posting

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, went out yesterday to a few spots with a buddy of mine. One was a pounded Reno park. Club hunt pounded, my equinox pounded, his CTX pounded. Pounded since the advent of detecting! We set up our D2 to cherry pick silver. Set discrim at 7 and notched 8-87 in park mode. I've never found silver at this park prior to yesterday. I've hunted over the exact same spots with my equinox. In the 1 1/2 hours we were there we pulled 3 Mercs, and 2 Rosie's. There were plug cuts next to some of these finds. We ended finding 7 silvers and two IH pennies yesterday but the park hunting felt amazing to find so much. The shinier silver was from the park.
Congratulations on the great achievement
Thank you for sharing the settings

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Settings that can be verified in the John Oliver booklet. A lot of work and excellent information. Kudo's to John Oliver for his work.
Had to track this down--first I'd heard of it.
I'm having trouble following/understanding the jpg version; is the pdf version more refined?

Is this different than Merrill's Target ID Bible?
If so, how?

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pdf version is in booklet form and easy to understand/use. I am thinking of putting it into an excel spreadsheet that would enable me to pick/choose the areas I want to discriminate for the particular site I will be searching. That is a winter project so not something soon.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the information in Johns book I can post it here as long as I give him proper credit for the work. No problem there as I believe that those that do the work should always get credit for the work they did. If is OK with admin I have the pdf version of the book and am willing to post it?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to track this down--first I'd heard of it.
I'm having trouble following/understanding the jpg version; is the pdf version more refined?

Is this different than Merrill's Target ID Bible?
If so, how?
Merrill's "ID Bible" is just that... a full list of target IDs for everything metal he can find. God bless Merrill for the dedication and hard work that he put into that, but IMO, its pretty useless. Detector-guy's booklet is much more than that. It goes into explaining the menu structure (expanding upon the Deus II manual), has example programs, etc.

The problem with a list like Merrill's is that it is way too expansive, and really not necessary. Once you learn that gold hits in the mid-range, a nickel at around 62, IHP at around 85, and silver at 80 or so... what more do you need? Are you going to pull his list out and check it every time you get a target before you dig it? I think not.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Merrill's "ID Bible" is just that... a full list of target IDs for everything metal he can find. God bless Merrill for the dedication and hard work that he put into that, but IMO, its pretty useless. Detector-guy's booklet is much more than that. It goes into explaining the menu structure (expanding upon the Deus II manual), has example programs, etc.

The problem with a list like Merrill's is that it is way too expansive, and really not necessary. Once you learn that gold hits in the mid-range, a nickel at around 62, IHP at around 85, and silver at 80 or so... what more do you need? Are you going to pull his list out and check it every time you get a target before you dig it? I think not.
Thanks. Detector-Guy's jpgs looked like reiteration of the Manual plus some target IDs. Glad to hear there's more to it.

I've no problem with sending the guy something, but if it's a found coin he wants, he may have to wait a bit... (Haven't found anything yet). :dontknow:

Detector-guy

Jul 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for reviving the interest in the Deus 2 for Dummies Book! I am bummed out that I had it based on version 0.71, and I don't know if I have enough ambition this winter to write one based on the 1.1 version. It was fun putting it together, but the programs in it were all mostly copies of what other people were using. I think the cool thing with is knowing that the VDI will change for an item based on the program. Flipping through the pages for each of the programs shows you trends from one program to the next for the same items. Knowing that this simple book is helping some people does my heart good!

Detector-guy

Jul 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Iron Buzz! I appreciate you (and your detecting partner that helped me so much with converting the book into a simpler to use PDF). You and her are a class act.

Detector-guy

Jul 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the information in Johns book I can post it here as long as I give him proper credit for the work. No problem there as I believe that those that do the work should always get credit for the work they did. If is OK with admin I have the pdf version of the book and am willing to post it?
Hi Dwerk, Feel free to repost it, and I appreciate your professional courtesy od giving me credit!.. It makes me feel like a big deal for a minute. LOL!

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attempted to post the file but system says it is to large of a file (11.6 MB) pdf.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread